By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Vertical or Horizontal

So, I'm finally buying my 360 tomorrow.

Fundamentally (i.e. with regards to RROD, noise etc.), is it better to keep the box Horizontal or Vertical.  I don't have an entertainment center that will allow me to keep it upright, so if I need to do that It'll have to sit on the floor.

Thanks in advance. 

Around the Network

I don't know, but keep in mind never to pick it up or move it while it's turned on.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Flat on the ground

mM
TaroSarask said:

Fundamentally (i.e. with regards to RROD, noise etc.), is it better to keep the box Horizontal or Vertical. I don't have an entertainment center that will allow me to keep it upright, so if I need to do that It'll have to sit on the floor.

Thanks in advance.

Horizontal. Gravity tends to take it's toll after a while and we get some back at gamestop where the disk reading lens has scratched a ring around the games. 

Currently playing: Civ 6

anything but diagonal

Around the Network

Loooooooooool with a thread title like this one I thought GBALLZACK was back.

I tend to say horizontal. Preferably on some sort of wire baker's rack to hold up the X360 about 1-2" above whatever surface it's on. Tends to really, really help airflow and heat management.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I think the most important thing is not to run it in an enclosed space (like some entertainment centers). Fans don't work when they're just taking back heated air from the exhaust.

I use to have mine vertical but I was playing around with a volley ball while my brother was playing a game and i accidently hit the 360 and it scratched the damn game. good thing it was only top spin 2 but you all can laugh all you want. horizontal from now on!

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

cdude1034 said:
TaroSarask said:

Fundamentally (i.e. with regards to RROD, noise etc.), is it better to keep the box Horizontal or Vertical. I don't have an entertainment center that will allow me to keep it upright, so if I need to do that It'll have to sit on the floor.

Thanks in advance.

Horizontal. Gravity tends to take it's toll after a while and we get some back at gamestop where the disk reading lens has scratched a ring around the games. 

Do you have any similar problems with the wii? Sorry for asking this in 360 forum, but at it's the standard way of storing the Wii it's relevant to the topic. I know the Wii has a lower hardware failure but I wondering about scratched disks

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"