By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Vertical or Horizontal

konnichiwa said:
Loooooooooool with a thread title like this one I thought GBALLZACK was back.

So it wasn't just me!

I can only say that this thread was totally not about what I thought it would be about

Around the Network

For the 360, definitely horizontal. You're blocking one of your biggest intake vents when you place it vertical.

I didn't read the post, so maybe this was already covered, but:

Is doggy-style considered horizontal or vertical?

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

Yeah sorry for asking here as well but how about the PS3? Got mine horizontal, noticed it cools better and doesn't get that warm as people claim it will be. Just as much as my WII :-/

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Personally, I would recommend against putting any system- PS2/3, Wii, or 360 vertical. I cannot see how placing any system vertical is a good idea.

Around the Network

hmm iwas really thinking about something else there.. my dirty mind =(

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

For the 360 I would keep it horizontal for the simple fact. It provides massive air flow through the right side vent if you position the 360 horizontal. If you put your hand near the right side while the 360 is horizontal. You can feel the fans in the 360 actually pulling air into the console from that side and on the HDD side too....

So in all horizontal is the expected position for the Xbox 360. And it gives the heatpipe thats in side the 360 good cooling effect too..since the heatpipe has somewhat liquid inside.

Neos said:
hmm iwas really thinking about something else there.. my dirty mind =(

Just say sex....thats what I was thinking but I notice it was in the Microsoft discussion.

man I don't know I have tried everything to get a RRoD I never got one.... my XB is on 24/7... I still have that DVD drive problem... I can read DVD videos CDs burn CDs with no problem what so ever... but DVD games it takes between one try and up to 50 before it runs... so I pause the game I'm playing until I play again... when I change games... I punch it, drop it hard everything I can think of... never had a effing RRoD the OS is not even freezing... I might have the tough one in the group because I bought it februray 2006.... so if now the pb is fixed... you shouldn't have a problem either way... personaly I think it looks better vertical.... but it's also because mine is between my desktop tower and my subwoofer

It doesn't matter.

We control the vertical.
We control the horizontal.
Welcome to ... The Outer Limits!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!