By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Round of Applause to Sony :)

Running Microsoft XP emulators on PS3 to play PC games. Priceless. Screw Linux get XP instead.

Around the Network
Kilzoned82 said:
Ssliasil said:

For Three reasons!

1.) Breaking the 5 Million Mark in Japan.

2.) Breaking the 15 Million Mark in Others.

3.) Being plain Awesome when it comes to Hack Prevention, buh bye Other OS!

Less than 1% of PS3 owners would of installed or used Linux on PS3. The 256MB Ram inside the PS3 is not ideal for running an OS. Sony made a smart business move got rid of OS which is not needed. The costs involved in hacking and pirating PS3 games is too expensive to pirates it is not worth their time and effort. PS3 is far from hack proof.

Give me a link to where you got this obviously false information please

I remember when the PSfanboys around here used to proudly shout about the option to use the PS3 with a Linux OS. EVERYONE was doing it according to those threads. Now the PSfanboys cheer about the banishing of the evil Liunx option. As for myself Im never buying another Sony product again. Im not updating my firmware and can wait for the workaround/modchip to play newer games and if it doesnt come Ill live without new PS3 games.......though I will want to play Yakuza 4 one day.

So in short cool thread bro.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:
I remember when the PSfanboys around here used to proudly shout about the option to use the PS3 with a Linux OS. EVERYONE was doing it according to those threads. Now the PSfanboys cheer about the banishing of the evil Liunx option. As for myself Im never buying another Sony product again. Im not updating my firmware and can wait for the workaround/modchip to play newer games and if it doesnt come Ill live without new PS3 games.......though I will want to play Yakuza 4 one day.

Lol. Link to where everyone claimed other os was the in thing to do or else your entire post is baseless and irrelevant. I bet within a month you forget about this and are back to buying sony products. L4D boycott all over again.

Dgc1808 said:
I'll get the strippers.

I thought we were having a circle jerk though. I brought a laminated photo of Ken Kutaragi and everything. Aww man.

*quietly zips pants back up*

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

I've been applauding Sony for the last 16 years and I haven't stopped yet.

...My hands are getting sore.

THIS! lol

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Kilzoned82 said:
Running Microsoft XP emulators on PS3 to play PC games. Priceless. Screw Linux get XP instead.

Linux is the king of emulators, it can even emulate other OSs

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

CDiablo said:

It's not really other OS that we're happy about losing...

4 ≈ One

Thanks for removing a feature I used Sony and congratulations on selling 5 million in Japan!!!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Clap, clapity, clap clap clap!

Sony 1 : Hackers 0

Good to see Sony's learned from the PSP

The dude abides