By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 - Map Packs Released... And Don't Work.

Its due to the title update not being out in time, someone is going to be fired for that one lol

Around the Network

@Qurashi 329MB for 5 Maps? COD4 Map Map pack was in the 400 MB region for 4 Maps ( on PSN anyway ) . Strange.

blazinhead89 said:
@Qurashi 329MB for 5 Maps? COD4 Map Map pack was in the 400 MB region for 4 Maps ( on PSN anyway ) . Strange.

Yea thats the dl size.  I think it was the same on XBL for the CoD4 map pack as well.  I don't know what they did this time to make it smaller, maybe the map sizes?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

quarashi said:
blazinhead89 said:

Yea thats the dl size.  I think it was the same on XBL for the CoD4 map pack as well.  I don't know what they did this time to make it smaller, maybe the map sizes?

It could also be that the new maps still utilise more of the assets on the disk.

It's working now guys

Around the Network

And the game is broken

Nice work Microsoft

Shorty11857 said:
And the game is broken

Nice work Microsoft

Since when is Microsoft in charge of Modern Warfare 2? Blame Activision. The same thing happened when Bethesda goofed The Pitt's initial release.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Another reason to hate Activision. Just watch, next time people hate on MW2 for this fiasco, CoD fanboys will act like this never happened...

Yea it was suppose to be fixed but my friend right now is saying it's broken again. =/ And I just started Dling it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

themanwithnoname said:
Shorty11857 said:
And the game is broken

Nice work Microsoft

Since when is Microsoft in charge of Modern Warfare 2? Blame Activision. The same thing happened when Bethesda goofed The Pitt's initial release.

They're the ones who are meant to make sure title updates work, they put the Map Pack up live and the title update and now you can't play the game at all. It's Microsoft's job to check these things