By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Washington has become a group of thugs :(

This, is insane.

So AT&T said this healthcare bill is going to cost them a billion dollars, and it's going to have to look at cutting costs somehow (benefits). What does Washington do? They investigate AT&T.

You talk out against us, we will come down on you so hard, no one will do it again. This is a thug tactic. Fuck I hate what we have become.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20100326/Stephenson.Letter.pdf

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:

This, is insane.

So AT&T said this healthcare bill is going to cost them a billion dollars, and it's going to have to look at cutting costs somehow (benefits). What does Washington do? They investigate AT&T.

You talk out against us, we will come down on you so hard, no one will do it again. This is a thug tactic. Fuck I hate what we have become.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20100326/Stephenson.Letter.pdf

I know this might sound crazy but is a $11 billion dollar profit instead of a $12 billion dollar one really that devastating for a company?

Legend11 said:
TheRealMafoo said:

This, is insane.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/201003 26/Stephenson.Letter.pdf

I know this might sound crazy but is a $11 billion dollar profit instead of a $12 billion dollar one really that devastating for a company?

Both MS and Apple have 40 billion in the bank, mine as well take some of that, I mean they don't need it right?

AT&T, as long as they don't break the law, should be allowed to operate there business however they see fit. In fact if they want to stop paying insurance for every employee, and pay the $750 fine, they sure can. There is nothing wrong with that.

There is absolutely no reason for AT&T to be investigated. They have broken no law. All they did is speak out against this policy, and now they are being punished for it.

How can you say that's ok?

Been watching Fox news to much lately?

move to Canada : ) I can make Kraft Dinner

Around the Network

First they came for Caterpillar, and I didn't speak up because I'm not a construction worker.

Then they came for AT&T, and I didn't speak up because I use Verizon.

Then they came for Kraft, and now Canadians don't have anything for dinner.

How is that thug like? AT&T is being asked to come to Congress and provide "an explanation of the accounting methods used by AT&T since 2003 to estimate the financial impact on your company of the 28% subsidy for retiree drug coverage and its deductibility or nondeductibility, including the
accounting methods used in preparing the cost impact statement."

They want to know how AT&T said they'd lose a billion. It can't be that hard to back up a claim right? I've never really seen a thug say "we made new rules on our turf but we'd gladly like to talk to you to see how this effects you. please bring documents and information relating to how our business is damaging your wallet"

AT&T is going to present itself and its problems to Congress. Thug would be to ignore their cries and not give them an opportunity to prove their claims.

chocoloco said:

No. I don't even have cable.

I linked the house.gov website. That run by Fox News?

Orca_Azure said:
How is that thug like? AT&T is being asked to come to Congress and provide "an explanation of the accounting methods used by AT&T since 2003 to estimate the financial impact on your company of the 28% subsidy for retiree drug coverage and its deductibility or nondeductibility, including the
accounting methods used in preparing the cost impact statement."

They want to know how AT&T said they'd lose a billion. It can't be that hard to back up a claim right? I've never really seen a thug say "we made new rules on our turf but we'd gladly like to talk to you to see how this effects you. please bring documents and information relating to how our business is damaging your wallet"

AT&T is going to present itself and its problems to Congress. Thug would be to ignore their cries and not give them an opportunity to prove their claims.

AT&T should not have to back up there claims. If AT&T wanted to just close there doors and walk away, they have that right. 

And what in the world do you think the government is going to do if AT&T proves they will fall under hardship? Give them money? Give me a break.

What will happen, is the CEO will sit there, and get yelled at for 6 hours by congressmen. It's not an invitation, it's an order. I am sure the CEO of AT&T can't just say to congress "Thanks for the offer, but I am not interested."

Besides, AT&T is a multi billion dollar successful company. Who do you think has a better accounting department? Them, or the federal government?Explaining how the expenditure of money effects profit to Congress, is like explaining how a computer works to a dog. They won't understand.

chocoloco said:

Been watching NBC news lately. See what I did there.