By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Self-proclaimed PS3 hacker GeoHot: "DO NOT UPDATE" to 3.21.

I am very thankful for what my PSP can do now, especially the emulators.

Thing is, PS3 had Linux, and the guy uses OtherOS to try to exploit the PS3... that's just giving Sony an excuse to completely block it.

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Do people like what PSP can do today?

If so, then thank these hackers you oh so love to hate.

Thank the homebrew community.

Unfortunately though everyone only looks at the negatives and chooses to ignore all the upside, which unfortunately is how it almost always works.

Homebrew is nothing but infringing on the corporations RIGHT to decide to possibly, maybe want to offer a similiar feature in the future and charge money for it.

Or at least that's how most people treat it now. 

Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Unfortunately though everyone only looks at the negatives and chooses to ignore all the upside, which unfortunately is how it almost always works.

Homebrew is nothing but infringing on the corporations RIGHT to decide to possibly, maybe want to offer a similiar feature in the future and charge money for it.

I highly doubt any of these companies is going to give me majority of the apps you can find readily available to custom firmware PSP owners.

If they did we wouldn't need hackers.

Hackers turned a now useless XBox into a wonderful media device.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Ultimately, you are quite correct.  Paid developers can make games much better than any work for coffee kind of homebrew guy.  And if you let the homebrew guy have his way, it would open up the door to a massive amount of piracy so in the end you would be squeezing the real developers for cash. 

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I highly doubt any of these companies is going to give me majority of the apps you can find readily available to custom firmware PSP owners.

That's why I said "maybe want to offer". 

They may want to offer all those apps and they may not.  Either way you are wrong for deciding to infringe on the possibility that sometime down the road they made decide to possibly put together a similar application.  I was also being sarcastic.

I had a friend who used his Xbox for a Media Device... didn't even use it for games ever. 

I'm not into the homebrew stuff myself though.  In fact I think I'm the only person I know with a totally 100% Legit PSP.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:

That's why I said "maybe want to offer". 

They may want to offer all those apps and they may not.  Either way you are wrong for deciding to infringe on the possibility that sometime down the road they made decide to possibly put together a similar application.  I was also being sarcastic.

I had a friend who used his Xbox for a Media Device... didn't even use it for games ever. 

I'm not into the homebrew stuff myself though.  In fact I think I'm the only person I know with a totally 100% Legit PSP.

I understand the stance on "maybe the would want to" but i'm that kind of person that enjoys being able to do whatever I want with something I own and don't care much for those that don't pay me.

Is it a messed up stance to take? Maybe, but I buy more than my fair share of titles. I still show plenty of support, although I know full well that there will plenty that don't, but other than the PSP the whole piracy thing isn't hurting so badly for the 360 and/or Wii and the Wii was hacked within it's first month if I am not mistaken.

Plus, piracy on the PS3 would be a royal pain in the ass. 20+GB downloads and then a long ass wait just for all that to burn to a disc? Let us not forget that these discs aren't cheap either.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

What a nerd

CGI-Quality said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

That girl from Heavy Rain in your sig (Jacqui Ainsley) is a stunner.

Indeed.

I know you've never heard this question.  Do you think she mo-capped for the nude scenes?    And if she didn't, it's all Geohot's fault.  GODDAM YOU, GEOHOT!  GODDAM'S YOU TO HELL!

Seriously though, that guy sucks.  He could have just aided in helping make Linux on PS3 better, but noooo.  Had to go make himself look like "the shit" in front of his hacker buddies.  But I'm sure alot of Linux users see him as just plain shit.  Myself included.

Oh, I just realized, this was announced by Patrick Seybold (Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media)... shouldn't it be announced by Eric Lempell (Director, PlayStation Network Operations) as usual?

Yeah, happy April Fools day.

The entire internet has been trolled by Sony.

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

What a Hero