By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Self-proclaimed PS3 hacker GeoHot: "DO NOT UPDATE" to 3.21.

Wow at all the people acting like the guy's doing something illegal.

And the comments about his hair or that he needs to get laid? Please... what is this, high school again? At least he accomplishes something in his free time, which is probably much more than can be said about most of the people in this forum.

Amazing how so many people would rather side with Sony than with other PS3 owners who are pissed off about losing a feature that they paid for.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I hope he does release custom firmware, If someone hacks the PS3 there will actually be a reason to buy one.

Omg Nerd vengeance has cometh!

balls will be shrunk.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

KylieDog said:
kitler53 said:
on the one hand i could update my system and be able to log into psn. on the other hand i could be a criminal.

F you geohot.

What sort of nonsense is this?  A Criminal for using custom firmware?  Get real.  If he made custom firmware to let you sign into PSN AND keep costum OS feature...what exactly is the crime?

don't you know what he does OTHER than that? =s

Severance said:
KylieDog said:
kitler53 said:
on the one hand i could update my system and be able to log into psn. on the other hand i could be a criminal.

F you geohot.

What sort of nonsense is this?  A Criminal for using custom firmware?  Get real.  If he made custom firmware to let you sign into PSN AND keep costum OS feature...what exactly is the crime?

What does he do?

I never heard of this guy doing any illegal activities. Then again, I don't really follow his stuff.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Severance said:
KylieDog said:
kitler53 said:

F you geohot.

Irrelivant.  If a man uses a knife to stab someone then uses another knife to eat his dinner the latter isn't a crime too.

thats true in philosophy but in real life if a normal man uses a knife to stab someone he won't have the appetite to eat anything.

I'm calling BS on all of those who are screaming "illegal" and "criminal" without any evidence to back it up.

Severance said:
KylieDog said:
Severance said:
KylieDog said:
kitler53 said:

F you geohot.

Irrelivant.  If a man uses a knife to stab someone then uses another knife to eat his dinner the latter isn't a crime too.

thats true in philosophy but in real life if a normal man uses a knife to stab someone he won't have the appetite to eat anything.

This post makes no sense. I think you're taking an analogy way too literally.

Also the guy isn't doing anything illegal as far as I can see. He may be enabling others to commit crimes but should the makers of a crowbar factory be sued because of somebody emulating Gordan Freeman?

NJ5 said:
I'm calling BS on all of those who are screaming "illegal" and "criminal" without any evidence to back it up.

Hacking is illegal. whats so BS about that?

and before you ask why is it illegal? , look at the third party software sales of the Wii / DS and PSP. do you think these guys work for free? and work just for teh lulz? no they work for living, and because of some random nerd with no life they're losing their jobs, now isn't that a crime? or is it okay for someone to steal your money from you and you call "BS he didn't steal anything"

Rath said:
Severance said:
KylieDog said:
Severance said:
KylieDog said:
kitler53 said:

F you geohot.

This post makes no sense. I think you're taking an analogy way too literally.

Also the guy isn't doing anything illegal as far as I can see. He may be enabling others to commit crimes but should the makers of a crowbar factory be sued because of somebody emulating Gordan Freeman?

i know, because his post doesn't make any sense either. and had nothing to do with anything.