By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quick HDMI question

*~Onna76~* said:

Strange, because the Logitech "doesn't", it only supports from 720p and higher, no 480p as far as I've been able to find. Indeed I've found the information sheet in the box with the Sony HDMI which does say 480p and higher.

In the worst case scenerio just keep the ps3 connected with your TV by both composite (PS2) and HDMI (PS3). You can switch between signals when you need to.

Around the Network

And regular RCA cables can support 1080p, actually. HDMI is digital and combines audio and video signals, but unless you snag one off eBay, they are expensive. The component cables and hookups are pretty much the same at 1080i and 1080p as HDMI. You just have fewer cables to deal with.

How do I know? I have my 360 hooked up via VGA to my 22" LCD and my HD DVR hooked up to my LCD with an HDMI to DVI cable. The signal is EXACTLY the same. Trust me ...

BTW Onna, I love tha B-Boy Mario! 

Tetsuo Shima said:
*~Onna76~* said:

Strange, because the Logitech "doesn't", it only supports from 720p and higher, no 480p as far as I've been able to find. Indeed I've found the information sheet in the box with the Sony HDMI which does say 480p and higher.

In the worst case scenerio just keep the ps3 connected with your TV by both composite (PS2) and HDMI (PS3). You can switch between signals when you need to.

Composite doesn't support 480p, only 480i (576i in Europe) and I need the 480p for the upscale of my PS2 / PS games, 720p is unfortunate too much, the images are getting blurry then, or else I wouldn't bother buying the logitech or some other product.

@Madskillz, you mean, more cables?? Yeah, awesome, isn't he

I have a Sony Component cable, but that cable is dying, hopefully not thanks to the PS3, but its doing very weird.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo