By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers : 11/12 - 11/18

Where's everyone seeing the huge disparity in software sales? I see only RE:UC being off by around 20k while everything else is pretty close.

Now hardware wise, aside from PS3 being very overtracked, everything looks pretty close.

Am I looking at the post-adjusted numbers or something?

Around the Network

Updated with more software and hardware numbers.

darconi: They are talking about the hardware numbers. PS3 in Famitsu had 53k. In Media Create, it's 39k.

wow PS3 sales ...

Time to Work !

Well ,maybe they are lower .Famitsu tends to overtrack a bit ,specially Nintendo products ,but there has been some weeks here and there when there have been great disparities in PS3 hardware between MC and Famitsu .Namely the release of Hot Shots Golf and this one .MC is usually more accurate ,it has tracking of 90% of stores and Famitsu about 80% for consoles after their own webpage so ...

In any case I havent seen the MC create numbers for hardware anywhere outside this post ,they are usually posted in friday .If those are legit maybe the number should be changed but usually it isnt changed at all when MC puts the PS3 some thousands above so ....

Diomedes1976 said:

In any case I havent seen the MC create numbers for hardware anywhere outside this post

Source is provided in original post, straight from Media Create: http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

Around the Network

Diomedes- of course their legit. I'm not here to post lies and slander.

I don't remember such a big disparity between Famitsu and Media Create numbers. The next few weeks will tell us all.

If this is correct, the only thing Sony can hope for are more games.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Diomedes1976 said:
Well ,maybe they are lower .Famitsu tends to overtrack a bit ,specially Nintendo products ,but there has been some weeks here and there when there have been great disparities in PS3 hardware between MC and Famitsu .Namely the release of Hot Shots Golf and this one .MC is usually more accurate ,it has tracking of 90% of stores and Famitsu about 80% for consoles after their own webpage so ...

In any case I havent seen the MC create numbers for hardware anywhere outside this post ,they are usually posted in friday .If those are legit maybe the number should be changed but usually it isnt changed at all when MC puts the PS3 some thousands above so ....

Incredible, they are really available thursday.

http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

Soriku said:
Erm...who's correct? MC or Famitsu (about PS3)?

Well MC tracks more percentage wise so probably them.  

But I don't want to see us switch to MC cause then RE:UC sales will fall haha.  But looking at first day sales in Japan MC sales really don't make sense.  Let's keep the RE:UC sales and change the PS3 sales.  Or we can just cut it in the middle for PS3.  Really no matter to me.  Either way next week PS3 will either have a continous drop or a really large one depending which way we go.

I usually trust Media Create more but I also trust vgchartz.... I guess the PS3 is something between those numbers, like 45k or so...