By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 60gig B/C surviving owners

Got my phat one in 06 or 07.

Paid 600€ for it.

And it still works.

Around the Network

I got mine March 23rd 2007 for £425 and it still works perfectly.

mmmm, march 2007 I think, I dont remember what was the price, it still works perfectly.

got mine april 2007 $699 CAD

Currently at FS for repair (Ylod and dead PSU)... I did manage to get a 120 slim loaner though

Barely surviving 60gig owner. Its very noisy and having issues the netflix disc.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

2-3 months after launch, manipulated trade in deals (ended up paying around 300 including the cost of the stuff I traded in), played lots (see game collection)...... works like a charm.

I got my 60 Gig backwards compatible first generation PS3 on the DAY it launched here in North America.

IT HAS NEVER given me a problem....I hope I don't jinx it.

Nov 2006 $700CAD, Works like a charm :)

-I have a 6Ogb
-got it December '06
-expensive as hell
-got YLOD about 2 months ago
-fixed it myself for cheap
-95 hrs into ffxiii and still playing strong!

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

I bought mine in Dec 2006 for $600 and have used it to play many PS3 and PS2 games. (Still using it for Mana Khemia 2 and Ar Tonelico 2 now, while also working on White Knight Chronicles.) In Aug of 2009 it stopped reading blu-rays. I bought a new laser assembly (the full one with the motor) for like $83 and put it in myself, and it's been fine ever since.