By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 60gig B/C surviving owners

If you bought the above console please post the following:

-          When you got it?

-          What was the price?

-          Does it still work or when it bricked?

We hear sometimes that they break easily and they will not last until next gen PS3 is introduced so it will be interesting to see your posts.

My 60gig PS3 was GBP 415.00 and got it in September 2007. Doesn’t give me any problems but I vacuum it every few months and I guess this helps.

Around the Network

I got a B/C 80 GB. If it does decide to die. I'll try to fix it, if it doesn't work i'll sell it on eBay for parts and buy a Slim.

i got it in the 1st or 2nd shipment when it released in Nov 06. Preordered 4, decided to keep one.

$600 obviously lol, though u could say 200ish if u count profits from the other 3 ps3's(split with brother)

it actually died in august/sept 08. couldnt read blu-rays. got it fixed and been fine since (its not a refurb, i got mine back)

Got mine on EU launch, March 23rd 2007 for £429.

Still working fine and never had any breaks. Touch wood it doesn't die when I go play inFamous in a couple of hours.

I have the 60 GB.  Got it back in March 2007. I leave it in an enclosed place where a lot of heat can build up. I've also vacuumed it once, and only once, about a month or two ago. It makes loud noises every now and then, but other than that I haven't had any real issues with it. I also haven't been playing as much as some of the other people on this site, so that probably means something.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Around the Network

parallel import mine dec 25 06

60gb B/C

Died once due to lens, on march 2008

fixed it at local shop paid S$100

till today still alive hopefully

I bought mine used in April 2007. I payed $900 for it with 11 games. I sold 10 of those for $450 dollars, so I essentially got it for $450 with one game and two controllers.

Still works fine, but I'm getting these faint horizontal lines running up the screen when I'm watching video. I haven't yet tested to see if it's my component cables. Otherwise, no issues whatsoever.

my 60GB EU launch PS3 (600€ including Motorstorm) was acting up a year ago (but no "ylod"), that why I bought a (non BC) 80GB .. in nov last year I repaired the 60GB by applying new thermal compound and gave it to my brother for christmas .. 
I guess it's working well, for he would've surely called me if it wasn't.

60 gigger paid 550 + 135 for 3 years warranty
august 2007
still going strong

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

April 2007 PAL BC 60gb £400 with one game one controller, Bricked Christmas day 2009, replaced within 5 days with a refurb, same model, no problems as of yet.
I believe it bricked because I moved it downstairs while it was very hot from a day long gaming session, must have dislodged the weakened solder, refurb's are supposed to have more solder so it shouldn't brick again.