By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOTS of new SMG2 info ("more than 240 stars"!)

A nice interview. Miyamoto is a wise man indeed. Good to know there will be a) more stars and b) something similar to Super Guide. Still a shame about a lack of a hub.

Around the Network

Wow, sounds awesome. Still can't wait for this game :D

I hope they won't use luigi's trick for the 240 stars. (What I'm saying, of course they will).

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Yeah, I'm really hoping this isn't like SMG getting 242 stars by getting 120 with Mario then 120 with Luigi unlocking an extra star for both and having "over 240" stars... though I'm expecting just that lol but it'd be amazing to have that much content in SMG2

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Maxwell - it sounds like there will be 280 (282?) star in this game

70 to beat the main game is confirmed, so I'm going to predict another 70 for 'full mario completion' then replay as Luigi, and then they may have a final star for mario and luigi taking it to 282. I hope if this is the case, then the final star is stupidly hard, as opposed to stupidly easy

Around the Network

i for one am happy that the hub was taken away as now i can find the planets i am looking for without running in and out of the (planet containers?).

can't wait for this!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

game will be epic!

I sooo wanna see player 2's role!!

Nice nice nice. Very nice.
This may well end up being my most favourite Mario game ever.

Oh, and as for the 240 stars-thing, obviously it's going to be 120 for Mario, then the same thing for Luigi. Though it'd be brilliant if there'd actually be 240 different stars to collect. I'd burst of snacky happiness.

*Edit* That last bit intrigued me, a lot. And promises great things for the future, no doubt...

'It’s actually a good thing for people to be entertained with such performances with beautiful and dramatic graphics and sound, but to me it’s more important to be able to make people feel as if they’re within the game and they are the ones who are controlling everything out of their will. Take Mario Galaxy, for example. While I’m trying to complete the development of the game, I’m more interested in applying my energies into a game that is going to let the player think for themselves what they really want to do.'

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Can you tell me what games are being played in the Miyamoto household?

Up until quite recently, the most played game would be the fourth edition of the Professor Layton series. Because my two children have already left home, unfortunately nobody was kind enough to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii with me

Poor miyamoto!

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia