By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

sounds good to me, what quest are we going to do?

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Around the Network

Regarding skills, once i have a skill, does it go away if i move below that level of skill points (so if i have something that gives me +10 Auto Block, giving me that skill, then remove it, does the skill go away too?), or do skills once obtained stick with you?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Regarding skills, once i have a skill, does it go away if i move below that level of skill points (so if i have something that gives me +10 Auto Block, giving me that skill, then remove it, does the skill go away too?), or do skills once obtained stick with you?

Yes, you lose the effect / skill.

I'd start off with a Great Jaggi for warm up, then if everyone can handle it we move on to ludroth.

If everyone is HR 15 we can do some Lagicarus maybe even some Barroth.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Okay, so I forgot to mention this, the other two guys I was with managed to pull off [Advanced] Double Trouble in 14 minutes, 1 guy died though =/ But outside of that we did very well.

We took out the Rathian in about 5 minutes or so then the Rathalos got our full attention.

Fun game but one guy died against Rathalos after we killed Rathaian.

Around the Network

Ok i think i am going to start playing online once i get all of rank one done wich i am on the last one now! So say tonight if nothing else is going on.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

dib8rman said:
Team A: Kenology, DarkHeart, Sc94597 and dib8rman.

Team A meeting time: Thursday 7:00pm EST (GMT -4)

Team A server: Open(1), The 2nd server from the top, and channel 13, if that channel is packed then 17 is the next one. We will meet at the Gate to town and start a game.

The games Length is going to be from 1 to 2 hours, sounds good to you guys?

Yup!

RolStoppable said:
The switch axe is fantastic even though I haven't gotten the hang of it yet. Stronger and faster than a great sword at this point in the game. I took a royal ludroth down within ten minutes and it only managed to flee to another area twice. The switch axe rocks and my enthusiasm for the game was boosted to a new level (doesn't say much though).

Yeah, I really wanted to like the great sword but the switch axe has it beat in every way.  Only downside is you can't block. 

Eh, Great Swords are actually stronger than Switch axes, it's all just play styles in the end.

It's weird in MH 1 I found the Great Sword slow but powerful, it was great for knocking over monsters or inadvertently hitting everything near you.

I haven't used it much in Tri because I already knew I found gunning to be my thing, the technique required to be a gunner isn't easily replicated or easy to see someone else doing it an know what the heck to do.

Switch Axe is probably the easiest power weapon to make but the GS is by far stronger.

It's possible to 5 hit kill things like Qurropeco with it.

I wasn't arguing that the switch axe was more powerful than the great sword... just that I prefer the switch axe to the great sword.