By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shenmue Fans did you get Yakuza 3 yet? if not why?

V-r0cK said:
Porcupine_I said:
i'm at the point where i want a "Yakuza collection" of the PS2 games!

Same here!  The short cinematic summaries of Yakuza 1 & 2 at the menu isnt enough.  We want moar!!!

Let them give us kenzan first

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
V-r0cK said:
Porcupine_I said:
i'm at the point where i want a "Yakuza collection" of the PS2 games!

Same here!  The short cinematic summaries of Yakuza 1 & 2 at the menu isnt enough.  We want moar!!!

Let them give us kenzan first

Oh ya i'd like to play that one as well.  That's included in the 'moar!!!' lol

Kenzan? you want sega to cut off the whole game?!?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:

Why not? I always prefer the Director's Cut versions

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
Severance said:

Why not? I always prefer the Director's Cut versions

imagine if they do release it, it would be something like

"in ancient wild west Japan , lives a hero named Joe Jimbob , he is so badass he became american right after birth"

"and his loyal companion John Xena who carries a shotgun katana and drives a corvette"

Plus they'll cut any Samurai scenes because US people don't know what samurai means and instead replace them with Chuck Norris doing the round kick and Leona Lewis music playing in the background.

Around the Network

I never played Shenmue, but i consider Yakuza one of the best experiences i had on PS2. I felt surprised with so much content hidden in the game, besides the already excelent main story.

KylieDog said:
I love Shenmue, but then that game was voice in english and didn't have parts cut from it for the western release.

so you are saying you skipped Yakuza because it didn't have a whorehouse?

KylieDog said:
I love Shenmue, but then that game was voice in english and didn't have parts cut from it for the western release.

Even with all the cut content, this game has more than enough gameplay to warrent the $60 purchase. I think I've played about 16hours and have only completed 10% of the game. The mini games like darts and pool are much better then they ever were in Shenmue also.

I like Yakuza 3 but I didn't like Shenmue. I beat it already but I'm about 16% complete at 26 hours.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

I stopped playing Shenmue 2 when I read it ended on a cliffhanger and would never get an ending.

But yeah, I bought Y3 because of how much I enjoyed S1 and 2. I haven't played any other Yakuza games but Yakuza 3 is awesome, and getting really underated. I guess most western reviewers don't appreciate many of the games subtltites, I mean many of the reviews I went through didn't really mention the games focus on sidequests and mini-games, or just how much there is to do.

This is the most expansive RPG I've ever played. Except Oblivion perhaps, but then there's much more variety with Yakuza.