By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shenmue Fans did you get Yakuza 3 yet? if not why?

Excellent Story, really excellent, touching and emotional too - good ending. Excellent characterisation. Hope the fourth one gets released over here.

My Stats:

Completion total: 60% (59.42%)
Completed on Normal Setting
Haruka Request Rank: SS
All Revelations done.
Had more dates than in real life - All dates completed
89/100 Side Missions done.

Did not continue (die in the game) :)

Total Play time: 58 Hours 12 mins

The games combat wasn't too difficult, may try it on Extra Hard later, or try the tag tournament mode.

Around the Network

Still trying to catch my tuna fish! XD

@V-r0cK - I didn't get that trophy. I got something big, turned out to be a large branch????? Then a broken umbrella.. :) Have to use the correct bait.

Severance said:
JayLam said:
Yakuza series have nothing to do with the shenmue series,why should i get it?

because i said Shenmue Fans would like Yakuza 3 if they play it. you didn't read what i posted?

yeah,i knew they two are similar...even there were some rumors that  Nagoshi Toshihiro should produce the shenmue III.But the feeling will change imo,after all they talk different stories in different atmosphere.

I'm only in Chapter 6 because of toomanygameswerereleasedinMarchitis, but I'm enjoying the game so far. The story is great and charming; there are a lot of touching, realistic moments with the orphans. There's some great character development, and the new characters are pretty interesting.

Combat is basic but fun. Heat action moves are pretty cool, and some are '"oh snap." The revelations (the one where you take the pictures) are very hilarious; I wish there were more of those present.

If you ever get tired of beating up thugs, you can go play some mini-games or do side-missions. With that said, there are so many things to do here even with the content cut. You can play golf, darts, pool, karaoke (my favorite), some Japanese games that I don't what they're called, go fishing, bowling, etc. I believe that's why I haven't got bored of this game. I do part of the main story then play some mini-games - keep things balance. Just like the combat, the mini-games are basic but provide some enjoyment. Side missions are incredibly diversified. Each one has a unique story/situation, so they basically don't feel the same as one another.

Graphic-wise, Yakuza 3 isn't technically impressive; the character models for the pedestrians are poor. However, Yakuza 3 makes it up for it with its design and atmosphere. The cities, especially Kamurocho, have a beautiful style, and there are some nice little details that make the cities feel alive like promoters/salespeople following you, people getting out of your way when you're running or people falling down when you bump into them.

The only downside is the text-scrolling. It gets a little boring after a while especially considering how text-heavy the game is, and it also feels dated.