By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazon sells over 1400 Wii's in 10 mins

Source (from ps3 center of all places)

he Nintendo Wii is the hottest selling console this holiday season, there is no secret to that. This is highly evident after it sold through 1,400 units on Amazon in 10 minutes.

Dixonx online has reported that Amazon sold through 1,500 Wii consoles in only ten minutes, selling thousands more on Wednesday.

The website stated that many people in the UK are trying to get their hands on a Wii console for Christmas but many of them have not yet been successful. The same story goes for the United States as holiday shoppers have been turned away left and right trying to get their hands on the Nintendo next-gen console.

The console is being sold on auction sites such as eBay already for double the retail price.

Trevor Bish-Jones, CEO of Woolworths, stated "There is a steady flow of Wiis into the country between now and Christmas. It will not be enough to meet all consumer demand but is sufficient for retailers to enjoy good levels of sales in the run-up to Christmas."

It seems that the Wii is not only impossible to find in North America, but out in Europe as well.

Around the Network

Really the WII is Impossible to find n their selling like MAD!!!

This is news to me!!!

{major sarcasm here}

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Wish I'd of bought 12 like last year when I made £1200 profit!
I've been trying to buy Wiis all week but all I'm offered is to go on the waiting list
So far I've ben told Whsmiths: 40 on list, Woolworths 50+ on list, Blockbuster: 30 on list, Game: 60+ on list, Currys: 20 on list.
That's almost 200 waiting for Wiis in a town with a population of about 80,000, although people may have reserved at more than one store,

yeah i know. I just like to remind everyone every so often. :)

Ya know what?

The Wii certainly is selling like crazy again.

But, in light of the place selling them ......

Around the Network

@llewdebkram

same here

with that profit I'd have brought a Gaming PC and wii itself by now + every game coming out on PS3...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million