By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Rumored To Get ManHunt 3 Exclusive For Playstation MOVE

RockStar's second-rate franchise releasing on a peripheral for the PS3? Wow. That would be a terrible move. Nobody cares enough about Manhunt to buy a Move to play it, and there's likely won't be more than 10-20 million Move households at any point in the near future.

I mean, the Wii Balance Board, arguably the most popular and successful peripheral ever, only has a 50% attach rate on the Wii, assuming everybody who bought Wii Fit Plus bought the bundle and not just the disc. That's crazy successful, and still not a huge attach rate. If the Move is that successful, which will be very difficult, there will still only be around 20 million sold, assuming the PS3 gets to around 40M by this time next year, maybe increasing to 25 million by 2012.

Also, remember that Manhunt 2 already came out on Wii. It sold a quarter of a million units. Now, you can argue that the PS3 is more 'hardcore', whatever that bull**** word means, but the Move won't be. The move will be exactly as waggle-tastic and hypercasual as the Wii. Given the smaller attach base and the casual audience, Manhunt 3 on the Move might sell 100-150K.

This is a bad idea.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Around the Network

uhm ... 50% is not a huge attach rate? :s

Well... The game might be interesting. But I hope this isn't their BIG announcement. I expect Sony to go into E3 with full force, and surprise quite a bit. Sorta like they did when they announced FF14. Again, Manhunt 3 PS3 exclusive using Move, while not a game changer, is a nic extra piece of software that launch alongside the Move. Didn't Jack say that there would be no less than 26 PS3 games that supported Move by the end of the year?

meh.. never played a game yet and gore and violence only doesn't sell to me

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

I hope this is true

Around the Network

I don't care to be honest.

If it's anything like the 2nd I'll hate it, if it's anything like the 1st I'll like it, if it really utilizes Move well than I might love it

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

Showertea said:
RockStar's second-rate franchise releasing on a peripheral for the PS3? Wow. That would be a terrible move. Nobody cares enough about Manhunt to buy a Move to play it, and there's likely won't be more than 10-20 million Move households at any point in the near future.

I mean, the Wii Balance Board, arguably the most popular and successful peripheral ever, only has a 50% attach rate on the Wii, assuming everybody who bought Wii Fit Plus bought the bundle and not just the disc. That's crazy successful, and still not a huge attach rate. If the Move is that successful, which will be very difficult, there will still only be around 20 million sold, assuming the PS3 gets to around 40M by this time next year, maybe increasing to 25 million by 2012.

Also, remember that Manhunt 2 already came out on Wii. It sold a quarter of a million units. Now, you can argue that the PS3 is more 'hardcore', whatever that bull**** word means, but the Move won't be. The move will be exactly as waggle-tastic and hypercasual as the Wii. Given the smaller attach base and the casual audience, Manhunt 3 on the Move might sell 100-150K.

This is a bad idea.

Wow...

Just...Wow

I can smell your Fanboy bullshit from here.

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

BHR-3 said:

PS3 Rumored to Get ManHunt 3 Exclusive for Playstation Move

There's been a lot of speculation over the last couple days about an upcoming announcement from Sony at this year's E3 conference regarding a major exclusive. While we doubt the news we're getting from TakeTwo and Rockstar Games is the "big exclusive", it's still pretty interesting news.

There have been murmurs about ManHunt 3 since the highly controversial release of ManHunt 2 for the Wii and PS2. Now it appears the most recent rumor out of Rockstar's parent company TakeTwo is that we can expect an announcement this summer. From what we're being told, the game will be PS3 exclusive and utilize the Playstation 3's upcoming Move add-on. It definitely makes sense since the PS3 would be a perfect fit for the ManHunt sequel. And with the rumored plan to use the Move hardware, the latest version could give PS3 gamer's the functionality that was available in the Wii version of ManHunt 2.

Even though this is coming from a trusted source, we're not going to start practicing our air strangling just yet. It all makes sense, but for now we're going to file this under rumors until something more concrete comes to light.

http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fanboy-news/2223-ps3-rumored-to-get-manhunt-3-exclusive-for-playstation-move/

Real Story Behind Rockstar/Sony Rumor

PSU: Real Story Behind Rockstar/Sony Rumor
By: Justin Pinter

08-14-2007, 06:34 AM
Hi everyone. As you may have read over the past two days, there was the rumor that Sony was taking Rockstar under its wing. The article was posted on PSU Thursday morning by one of our new writers who took the liberty of posting the "rumor" as news without going by our editors first.

Not only was it incorrect to the actual rumor I heard at the Sony event, but PSU has no intention of posting rumors of that proportion without have good and reliable sources to back it up.

The real story...

Wednesday night, Sony took all of us press and media folks out to dinner at the Tengu restaurant in Santa Monica. While sitting amongst my table of journalists and eating delicious asian sushi, I asked what were some of the rumors they had heard circulating in the industry. We all talked about Bioshock, Tivo, video on demand, and then eventually made our way to the recent talk of Rockstar going exclusive with Sony after GTAIV with such titles as LA Noire, and the secret PS3 title. The talk lead to someone stating that they knew that not only was the rumor correct but there was more to it. Basically from what I heard, Sony was taking Rockstar under its wing. Now I don't know if that means they are buying them or if they are supporting them as if they were someone like Naughty Dog or Insomniac.

What happened was then after dinner I got on MSN IM and discussed it with my fellow staffers; telling them about the day with Sony and some of the stuff I heard. One of them took the rumors, and posted it as news on PSU the next morning and everything went from there. Our editors had no idea what had happened and I woke to journalists questioning me about it. Big mess up and misunderstanding.

Anyways, hopefully this kind of clears it up for you. Hopefully you can forgive us and we can move on from here. Thanks!

From my point of view and not that of PSU's: I honestly think its happening from what I have heard, but I can't give names.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showpost.ph...10&postcount=1
AS you can see these rumor's have been going on for some time...

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Don't care about Manhunt.

Don't care about Move.

#epicfail if this is their announcement