By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Have you bought Grandia on PSN yet?

Have you bought Grandia on PSN yet?

Yes, no brainer 10 22.22%

Thinking about it 17 37.78%

Nope already played it 5 11.11%

No way, I don't like the series 0 0%

What is Grandia? 13 28.89%

Total:45

I see that PSN has Grandia now, I was wondering how many people have bought it. I don't see it in the best selling games chart and that is a shame. It is a classic and the price is great.

Tell me how many of you have/have not bought it and why?

Thanks.

For those of you who haven't played it or don't know what it is?  the following article would be of help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandia_(video_game)

Around the Network

Nope. But then again, we have 1 for the PS1, 2 for the PS2 and DC, and 3 and Xtreme for the PS2 also.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Xtreme sucks and 3 is meh.
1 is where its at! 2 is also good, but not Grandia 1 good.

Anyway, not available on European PSN, so no. I will buy it when/if it arrives. Already have a copy, but I'd get it once more and play it on PSP.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Don't need to. I already own a physical copy. I actually hated one; preferred two. Being forced to deal with Justin as the main character ruined the experience for me. I have never in my life been as annoyed by another main character...ever. Everything other than Justin though is great.

Nope, and I don't want to buy the PS version. I have the original version of Grandia 1 on the Sega Saturn(JP).

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
shuraiya said:

Don't need to. I already own a physical copy. I actually hated one; preferred two. Being forced to deal with Justin as the main character ruined the experience for me. I have never in my life been as annoyed by another main character...ever. Everything other than Justin though is great.

Have you really played Tales of the Abyss?

Thats the perfect definition of "Amazing game with the exception of the main character"   

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

smbu2000 said:

Nope, and I don't want to buy the PS version. I have the original version of Grandia 1 on the Sega Saturn(JP).

Oooh... shiny... original Saturn version...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Son1x said:
shuraiya said:

Thats the perfect definition of "Amazing game with the exception of the main character"   

I have it, but I haven't played it yet. Still need to finish Tales of Symphonia. I admit, you have me a little concerned now.

Don't remember him (Justin) being annoying, however, I am usually more forgiving of game characters doing completely irrational things. 

I do remember playing it non-stop for a week. I would come home for work and start playing until I went to bed. I finished it in a week (over the weekend) approx. 90 hours then I immediately started Grandia 2. I liked it very much too except towards the end I kept thinking this is the last dungeon and then there would be another one :).

I finished 2 in the same amount of time and then started 3, I never finished it. I missed some optional sidequests (detective quests) and was mad so stopped playing it. I then tried to get back into it but the place I am at seems to have random difficulty spikes and I wanted to grind so I keep dying without having saved and haven't done much with it.

I picked Xtreme up but it did not draw me in as much.

shuraiya said:
Son1x said:
shuraiya said:

I have it, but I haven't played it yet. Still need to finish Tales of Symphonia. I admit, you have me a little concerned now.

Don't worry. Hes like the hit or miss character. You either like him, or hate him. I obviously hate him.

The other characters are great though, and the battle system is best Tales has ever seen. Soundtrack and story are good too.