By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - They said 60 hours, I beat it in 35-the biggest problem of Final Fantasy 13

Final fantasy has always had a major draw in the sidequests. Typically, I find the side-quests even better than the main game. However, the last FF that had worthwhile side-quests was ff8...although ff12s were pretty good too. IMO there should be more unlockable characters. Yuffie and Vincent from ff7 ruled. I always wondered why they stopped having hidden characters, because as far as side-quests go, that is a really great reward.
The problem with ff12s sidequests is that the reward wasn't worth the trouble.

Please SE, let's get back to basics.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Coronalex said:
Wagram said:
kowenicki said:
why do people rush games?

I'm at 25 hours early in chapter 10.... what game length am I lookign at?

If you finish the game. 40 hours.

If you for for Platinum. About 90.

Hey Wagram, how hard was it to get the Plat ?

After looking through the trophies a lot of them seem more "time based" then difficult.

The only one that struck me as difficult is to have all the different weapons and equipment equipped at one point.

Is all the stuff available at the end of the game from shops or is it kinda like "if you missed it, you're screwed"

Not too tough overall. Just lots and lots of time.

Right on, I got no problem with spending extra time on an FF game, after all, I did get to level 98 before beating FFVII

But is ALL the stuff available in the shops at the end or no ?

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

Coronalex said:
Wagram said:
Coronalex said:
Wagram said:
kowenicki said:

After looking through the trophies a lot of them seem more "time based" then difficult.

The only one that struck me as difficult is to have all the different weapons and equipment equipped at one point.

Is all the stuff available at the end of the game from shops or is it kinda like "if you missed it, you're screwed"

Right on, I got no problem with spending extra time on an FF game, after all, I did get to level 98 before beating FFVII

only level 98? go back and play it again you poser. You're not done with ff7 until every member has knights of the round and their ultimate weapons. Also, Aeris (Aerith) must survive.

^ Yknow, I played the game 12 times just to see if there was some possible way to save her.

Just don't ever sell anything. Lol. Only the rings are missable if you sell them.

Around the Network

Having a short play time doesn't mean you only played the game for 35 hours.

A lot of times if you die to a boss you need to replay the cutscenes beforehand. IF you die chances are you'll skip these cut scenes. The cutscenes skipped do add up.

Also, save games don't count times you died. Playtime is only recorded at the final time you defeated a boss and not all the attempts.

^ .... so? it still means the ACTUAL storyline is only 35 some hours long.

theprof00 said:
Coronalex said:
Wagram said:
Coronalex said:
Wagram said:
kowenicki said:

only level 98? go back and play it again you poser. You're not done with ff7 until every member has knights of the round and their ultimate weapons. Also, Aeris (Aerith) must survive.

haha at first I thought you were being serious, then I realized.. what a minute, I HAD knights of the round (you just need the gold chocobo), I had all the Ultimate weapons (maybe for just my main 3 that I used, I don't remember) and sorry to tell you bro but Aeris (Aerith)..Well I don't know how to word it but

"Damn bitch got stabbed with a 6 foot sword, ain't no coming back from that homie"

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

We have have the same issue...... FFXlll is broken down into 3 pieces, Story,characters and battle's......., theres really no gameplay. somebody wraped FFXlll up perfectly thay said " FFXlll is the equivalent to RPG on rails" that is sooo true. There just was not enough meat on FFXlll

saicho said:
myabsolution said:

Took me 60 hours 14 minutes - was my time after i beat the end boss. Although I did spend tons of time grinding money and mobs

Right now im at 87 hours 54 minutes - time it took me to get 840/1000G (33/35). I will not be going for 5 stars on every cieth stone quest nor aquire every accessory.

And you're right, this FF is uber barebones. Add that on top of the linearity, no towns, and super AWFUL story with no plot and its one heck of a below-average JRPG...

and yet you spend almost 88 hours with it. You must really like Final Fantansy games.

lol youre right :) I like these types of games. Aside from quite a few disappointments I had with the game, I think it was worth the play. And the fact that im an achievement whore really helped me do a ton of extra stuff too.