By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Was the Announcement for the Nintendo 3DS bad timing?YES IT WAS!

Kennyheart said:

Now I know I will probeley get hate for this but I think Nintendo would have been better if they anounced it at a later date.

Why because they annouced a new handheld right before The DS XL hits america.

I think this well certainy stop some nintendo fans from getting it now,because they know a new handheld on the way.

They should had a big annoument at E3 about instead they annouce it a week before the XL comes out.

Now I don't hate nintendo i love them but I got to addit this was bad timing at there fault.

I disagree with you and I think it's the right time to announce a new handheld. Can you imagine how pissed people would be if Nintendo announced the 3DS two months later? If you buy the DSi XL now you will know that a new handheld is coming. See? Nobody will be fooled.

Around the Network

I think E3 probably would have been better. Although it's possible that there's some factor we don't know about (one good one could be if Nintendo wants to release the SDK to developers before then in order to guarentee a decent launch lineup, and would prefer an early announcement to a leak)

I'm with ya.

I was at least somewhat interested in the XL but now its a distant afterthought.  It probably would have taken me a year or two to pick one up though which means N would have had to push out the 3DS another couple years to get my sale anyway.

Hisiru said:
Kennyheart said:

Now I know I will probeley get hate for this but I think Nintendo would have been better if they anounced it at a later date.

I think this well certainy stop some nintendo fans from getting it now,because they know a new handheld on the way.

They should had a big annoument at E3 about instead they annouce it a week before the XL comes out.

Now I don't hate nintendo i love them but I got to addit this was bad timing at there fault.

I disagree with you and I think it's the right time to announce a new handheld. Can you imagine how pissed people would be if Nintendo announced the 3DS two months later? If you buy the DSi XL now you will know that a new handheld is coming. See? Nobody will be fooled.

I like the way you think.

Kennyheart said:

This doesn't matter. It won't affect sales of the DS.

Like some others have said, mainstream doesn't know, or wouldn't care. All there is so far is an announcement. No pics, no ads, nothing else. Only about 5%-10% of gamers probably know about it take or give. And not only that, I would buy a DS knowing that 3DS is coming. It comes in the next fiscal year so by then I would have saved up more than enough money and could trade in my old DS.

Actually, an E3 surprise announcement would have also been nice, but now looks what Nintendo is doing. They're building gamers anticipation for the E3 exposure of this device. I can't wait.

Eh, not really. Microsoft still beat with with the crappy announcement of 360 at MTV.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

They did announce it because the news break unfortunately and they had to react. The mainstream will still buy the DSi XL.

I think Nintendo had intended to drop this news at E3, but with the buzz building around the Move going into E3 they decided to kill it off early. Looks like it worked pretty well, all of a sudden Sony's Move looks like old tired news.

'Nintendo are never wrong, they are perfect, they are god and savior. Anyone who does not love Nintendo shall fall into an endless pit of ignorance and sorrow until the end of time'

Some of the reaction's in this thread are a little weird.. well anyway that's what I'm getting from it.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Bong Lover said:
I think Nintendo had intended to drop this news at E3, but with the buzz building around the Move going into E3 they decided to kill it off early. Looks like it worked pretty well, all of a sudden Sony's Move looks like old tired news.

I like the way you think

Nope. XL is the most underwhelming DS revision to date, while 3DS is the future, the successor - the DS2, essentially. What's important here is the success of the 3DS. XL has upwards of a year to carry the DS through its last days, maybe more as it will probably be the last version of the DS to be phased out once 3DS takes over completely. For a lot of late comers, it will be the de facto DS, but even if it magically had its sales cut off, Nintendo makes money off of it so it's not like it's a loss or a failure. It's like the Gameboy Micro, except less maligned and not releasing after its successor.

Fact of the matter is that 3DS was well into development when Nintendo even okayed the XL. They knew what they were doing. Its success is no where near as important as this thread suggests.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"