By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - You're working: how many days do you get off per year?

I was discussing this with some US- and Australian friends of mine earlier today and I couldn't believe how many days less you get off in the US per year.

To clearify that:

- What I'm interested in is: if you're working employed (self-employment is another thing), how many free days (saturdays, sundays and bank holidays, national holidays/religious holidays not included) do you get off per year at full wage.

- Please do not include your days off, if you're ill, because that's another topic - so just count per year with any illness vacancies.

- how many years have you been working for the same company or at all.

I landed my first job, after college and I have now 31 days per year ( In Germany normally it's between 26-30 days + 13 bank holidays in my state p.a. who differ from year to year i.e. if the bank holiday is on a saturday or sunday you won't get an extra day off) and I was astonished how much less you get in other countries.

So I'm really interested about your situation and if you think that's alright or not...

Around the Network

In theory, as many as I like, as it's my company.

that's why I asked at full wage

if that's okay with your own company in the long run - good on you mate and we have a kind of winner

What if you are "working" as long as you are near a laptop yet you can go wherever the hell you want, still at full wage? Would days on a beach while pretending to work count as off or not?

As tempting as it seems: pretending doesn't count.

Modelling or working as an full-time actor/actress will count, but just for the wave of interest which will roll over this thread

Around the Network

But even by pretending the wage is still full and money is transfered based on hours, whether they are pretend working or not.

okay, to settle this, the days where you should work don't count as well. If you do so or not that's your cup of tea.

23 not including holidays, but I think I've only used about 65-70% of that in a given year. I've been with the same company for about 2 1/2 years.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I dunno, as I'm technically laid off during the summers.

If I include summers (as my pay is divided evenly over 52 weeks), it'd be somewhere around 70-80 days.

Without: maybe 20-30. I haven't ever really counted.

Around 26-30

There is no Knowledge that is not Power