By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Sales? A wakeup call?

eugene said:
I just hate how people believe Nintendo is "expanding" the audience when in truth, these people have always loved nintendo and probably have a DS or one version or another of their previous consoles in the last 20 years.

Yeah I am sure that our nursing homes are just filled to the brim with 80 somethings who absolutely loved to game on the NES back when they were young spring chickens of 60.  Makes perfect sense

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
eugene said:
Nintendos competitive advantage and a huge one is that they have been around so freakin long that every gamer has some sort of memory of owning one of their systems. Xbox is clearly the underdog as they are the "new kid on the block" and Sony became synonomous with a VCR. People were not sony fans, they just got it cause it had all the games. There loyalty also switches just as fast.

I just love when the underdog is also the coproration that is willing and able to lose billions to make it work...

To Each Man, Responsibility

thats all fake PR. nursing home freaks are not really playing with the Wii.

Yeah, why on Earth is Super Mario Galaxy selling so little?

Hehehehe. Kwaad, I see your constantly bashing the Wii is now being down graded to games sales instead of console sales. Lets see, once the Wii has sold enough that game sales are above the 360, what next? Xbox Live sells more than Virtual Console! Nintendo is having their asses handed to them! Or, or, wait, Xbox sells more accessories! Nintendo's going down in flames!

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Even with a post like this, people will still love him.

That being said, I find it odd that people STILL think that Mario Galaxy will outsell Halo.

i think they have been saying the SSBB will outsell halo 3

eugene said:
I just hate how people believe Nintendo is "expanding" the audience when in truth, these people have always loved nintendo and probably have a DS or one version or another of their previous consoles in the last 20 years.

actually wii sports has expanded the market

I'd still say that at least SSBB, SMG and Mario Kart Wii will outsell Halo 3. High hardware sales for the Wii will result in really long "legs". But of course it will take a while.

rocketpig said:
Next time someone uses AAAA, AAAAA, or AAAAAAAAAAAAA, I'm going to kick my dog. Hard.

Consider this a warning. Show some empathy for my stupid mutt and stop it.

Soriku would love to do that for you.

stranne said:
I'd still say that at least SSBB, SMG and Mario Kart Wii will outsell Halo 3. High hardware sales for the Wii will result in really long "legs". But of course it will take a while.

First off I want to just speculate that many wii owners are not used to pre ordering games.

Second I am a wii owner. I have found that the games I want are always understocked and I have to wait for them. (i refuse to pre order myself)

Third, lots of wii owners do not visit game sites, or get a game magazine. Therefore they are not as aware when new releases happen.

This has been leading to games that don't sell well over the first week but continue to sell throughout the lifetime of the game. Take almost ANY wii game and you will see this! This is why many people feel like stranne does and are probably right. 

This is my signature.