By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Sales? A wakeup call?

Thrillhouse said:
Kwaad was the first person I saw write on this site.
It's good to know his viewpoints haven't changed.
Wasn't Motorstorm the game where PS3 would finally knock the PS3 to first?

I think him and John Lucas should start the ultimate thread and
call it "THE TERRORDOME... THREAD OF DELUSION!"

I enjoy my systems.
PS3 had a great two weeks in Japan! Doing like it should!
SMG is pretty much on pace to sell 10 million copies by the systems end!
Wii Fit shouyld be a breakthrough for the industry.
and Microsoft whom I thought was dead, has risen from the ashes!
No one is killing the industry.
Everything is safe...

It's a great time to be a gamer.

Is it safe?

It's Safe.

So, on that note.
Someone post a taco... or a kitten...

Or beter yet... a small puppy Wheaten Terrier

THRILLHO...

Ha! Not Thread of Delusion! (we'll see who's deluded )

But you know that's a good idea. Me & Kwaad having a thread together discussing things as other posters chime in. What do you say Kwaad ?

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

Done & Done =)
Your thread awaits

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Kwaad said:

With The release of the new mario, all the Nintedo guys are screaming. VICTORY. We have a game at the #1 spot!

First of all, I would like to say, that Nintendo has 73% the consoles as Microsoft does. Comparing the Wii to the 360. That truely isnt that big of a diffrence, considering the sheer number of 360 consoles that dont work, are 2 years old, and not in use, and people who now own more than one. I would say that there are more 'active' nintendo consoles in USA than there are Microsoft. Go nintendo! GO! Your winning! You have more people playing your games!

That's what it seems like, from console sales. In terms of game sales... OMFG WTF.

2,191,361 Weekly sales for nintendo for the games. That is including 384,843 games, for free, or 'budget' price.

2,358,209 Weekly sales for microsoft.

I would just like to point out. Nintendo appears to have a 'higher' attach ratio. But when you dont count The 'Wii' Titles, of Sports, and Play. The picture gets a little bit uglier. I would also like to point out, that nintendo just released the most anticipated game for the console, since release, AND planned for the next 2 years. What do I mean by that? This mario game was the game everyone was waiting for when they first got their Wii. This is the game that wont be beat for years. This is the most anticipated game for the console in the near future. Mario is to Nintendo as Halo is to Microsoft.

Halo3 Outsold Mario by over 3TIMES on the first week. Considering the number of consoles still in use, I have to give credit to nintendo. I am 100% positive, they have more consoles in use than Microsoft. Yet, somehow, Microsoft can still outsell Nintendo in games, every week. Even the week of the biggest release of the console, Nintendo cant pass microsoft. I hate to say this. I love my PS3, and I dont have a 360. I hate microsoft, probibally more than any of you. Sub 1million sales for Mario is not good. It's horrible. Why are people not buying games? After Week 1. Mario has an attach ratio of about 15%. (I didnt do the math, it's not exact) halo after week one had an attach ratio of 50%... to a console, DOUBLE the age. (that means it is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to get the high attach ratios)

I would also like to point out, that 1million sales for a AAAA (yes 4A) titles, at this time of year... is HORRIBLE. I understand it will sell more before the end of the year, but that is actually not that high considering the game, it's profile, the press, the consoles popularity.

I'm not doom saying the Wii, but As I see it now, Nintendo is getting their asses handed to them by microsoft.

Sony is sitting back, and doing everything they can do to get market share back. They suck at the moment. Leave them out of it.

congratulations u made no sense at ALL ! :D

HappySqurriel said:

With 45 Million PS2s sold the PS2 only sold 984,598 pieces of software
With 16 Million Nintendo DS' sold the DS only sold 830,485 pieces of software
With 10 Million PSP systems sold the PSP only sold 323,307 pieces of software

The fact of the matter is that most gamers are not obesessive enough to buy more than a couple games a year; if they own a system long enough (say 5 years) they will end up with a library of 20 or so games. Systems which have reached a mainstream market rarely have a (particularly) strong attach rate ...

What?  I think your numbers are way, way off.  If what you stated were true, then Halo 3 sold in one week three times more than the entire PS2 library sold in 5 years.  I think you're missing a few zeros. 

But your point is well taken.  The majority of gamers are casual who buy 3-5 games over the life of a system.  That's why the 360's unheard of attach rate of close to 6 is pretty amazing but not surprising considering the system has the most games, and the most well reviewed games.

Both VGChartz and NPD are undertracking Galaxy and Wii software because of Toys R' Us.

Around the Network
GameMusic said:
 Both VGChartz and NPD are undertracking Galaxy and Wii software because of Toys R' Us.

i'm sure they are very aware of the sale and taking it into consideration.  They could be overtracking it for all you know.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Kwaad said:

With The release of the new mario, all the Nintedo guys are screaming. VICTORY. We have a game at the #1 spot!

First of all, I would like to say, that Nintendo has 73% the consoles as Microsoft does. Comparing the Wii to the 360. That truely isnt that big of a diffrence, considering the sheer number of 360 consoles that dont work, are 2 years old, and not in use, and people who now own more than one. I would say that there are more 'active' nintendo consoles in USA than there are Microsoft. Go nintendo! GO! Your winning! You have more people playing your games!

That's what it seems like, from console sales. In terms of game sales... OMFG WTF.

2,191,361 Weekly sales for nintendo for the games. That is including 384,843 games, for free, or 'budget' price.

I would just like to point out. Nintendo appears to have a 'higher' attach ratio. But when you dont count The 'Wii' Titles, of Sports, and Play. The picture gets a little bit uglier. I would also like to point out, that nintendo just released the most anticipated game for the console, since release, AND planned for the next 2 years. What do I mean by that? This mario game was the game everyone was waiting for when they first got their Wii. This is the game that wont be beat for years. This is the most anticipated game for the console in the near future. Mario is to Nintendo as Halo is to Microsoft.

Halo3 Outsold Mario by over 3TIMES on the first week. Considering the number of consoles still in use, I have to give credit to nintendo. I am 100% positive, they have more consoles in use than Microsoft. Yet, somehow, Microsoft can still outsell Nintendo in games, every week. Even the week of the biggest release of the console, Nintendo cant pass microsoft. I hate to say this. I love my PS3, and I dont have a 360. I hate microsoft, probibally more than any of you. Sub 1million sales for Mario is not good. It's horrible. Why are people not buying games? After Week 1. Mario has an attach ratio of about 15%. (I didnt do the math, it's not exact) halo after week one had an attach ratio of 50%... to a console, DOUBLE the age. (that means it is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to get the high attach ratios)

I would also like to point out, that 1million sales for a AAAA (yes 4A) titles, at this time of year... is HORRIBLE. I understand it will sell more before the end of the year, but that is actually not that high considering the game, it's profile, the press, the consoles popularity.

I'm not doom saying the Wii, but As I see it now, Nintendo is getting their asses handed to them by microsoft.

Sony is sitting back, and doing everything they can do to get market share back. They suck at the moment. Leave them out of it.

Oh it's saddening to see logical thinking process go down the toilet.

First of all, no one is screaming victory for NIntendo just becuase Galaxy is at the top spot in America.  Last time I checked, software sales, although important, are not as important in this discussion as the hardware sales, at least in curent times.  I'm looking at that 420k last week for Wii compared to 220k each for 360 and PS3.  That's where I'm seeing domination.

Your second paragraph is entirely bias and possibly somewhat of a lot of lies.  Um who gives this person credit.

Secondly your off.  Nintendo sales were at about 1.6-1.7 million last week in America.  They were the number one selling developer last week.  While MS was below 500k if I remember correctly.  

Now aside from being an ass learn to use the correct terms.  I'm assuming you meant the Wii and 360, and not the developers, which would be hard to see as you stated it the opposite.  But yes 360 did have more software sold last week than Wii by 200k.  I think with an extra 2 million in userbase as well, (despite your fanboyism towards the failed 360's), makes up for that.  And 348,000 free Wii games, which I assume you mean Wii Sports and Wii Play.  

Alright Wii owners who in here got Wii Sports and Wii Play here.  Cause I don't knwo about the rest of you buy I had to buy a Wii to get Wii Sports, meaning I spent money.  Wii Sports is not free.  If it were free I would have gotten a Wii free as well.  Also I had to play $50 to get Wii Play.  So where your getting this free thing from me is beyond me as I had to pay for both.

Why would not count the bundled titles?  They are sold on the market.  You have to buy them meaning they were sold.  What's different from any other game despite them having some other product bundled with them.  Well in that case we shouldn't count Guitar Hero games, or Forza or Marvel or Motorstorm or any other game that has ever been bundled with any kinda hardware.  Your logic and most fanboys against those are flawed as technically its sold on the market.  If it were given away free then you'd have a case but it isn't.  When you buy a Wii some of the money you pay is going towards buying that Wii Sports copy.  END OF DISCUSSION.

Next your comparison of Halo 3 and Galaxy is ludacris.  It' an entirely different scenario.  MS spent 100's of million marketing Halo 3 just so it could sell that much in its first week.  If Galaxy had the same marketing done it would have been a lot closer.  Nintendo just doesn't have tha kinda money to burn to do things like that.  How about ya think about scenarios instead of opening your fat mouth.

Otherwise there is no logical thought process at all in your entire arguement and really its quite saddenign to see a creature with a brain such as what a human has have no thinking ability whatsoever. 

What you have to bear in mind is that more wii consoles will be sold then xbox 360 so even witha a lower attach ratio, wii will sell more after a while. Wii gamesw are like DS games they will sell more ove time, not so much in the first week but after hight consistant sales they will get there

Kwaad said:

WOOHOO!! KWAAD IS BACK, AND HE'S KICKING ASSES AGAIN!

However, I might tell the new guys that this complaints are not new, he discredited the Wii because of its low attach rate already back in february. In fact, he knows exactly that his arguments can't stand a real test but he just likes to start flame wars and then walk away silently.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

It is kind of funny how the argument has gone from:

A year ago:
Will the Wii be able to compete with these other high powered platforms at all?

Today:
Will the Wii be able to dominate the industry?

I'm pretty happy about that.