By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Miyamoto: Wii enhancements coming for hardcore gamers

superchunk said:
Sounds nice. I just hope the new functionality gets rid of the code system. Maybe add it to the parental controls. Either turn it on for your Wii or off.

This is mention of Smash Football using several online modes - including a "general" ranked matches mode. As longas their is no voice chat (or other comms), there is no reason why you couldn't just play against people with *no* friend or Wii codes at all.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13260

As long as most games allow online play without having to enter *any* codes - with only some features/online modes requiring friend/Wii codes - Im not too fussed. That way you get your easy dose of online, and (with some extra headache) get to play your friend.

Once someone is registered in your address book, it would be nice if games could automatically send messages to selected recipients (i.e. with friend codes if required). 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

At first, I was an avid "Gamecube controller only" for SSBB, but realistically, I think Wii controls would work fine...motion control wouldn't really need to be used even.

You have your joystick in your left hand.  Done.
You have your A and B buttons in your right hand.  Done.

I mean, that pretty much takes care of the majority of controls right there.  Use the C button for people who use a button to jump, and the Z button for shield...Down on the D-pad for grabbing...that pretty much takes care of all the controls...and I don't think too many SSB gamers would be upset with this configuration.

Along with that, they could add the options of using GC or classic controllers if they wanted.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Hate to say this, but Nintendo online... needs... help. No matter how you look at it. Can they do it? Yes. Dump 100million dollars with about 200-500 programmers, out-sourced. It could have a better online UI than PS3+360+PC.

Question is, will nintendo do that? How far will they go?

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

The more work they put into online, the better...but I don't care that much...as long as I can play with my friends I'm good.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )