By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OK, now they're seriously milking the Kingdom Hearts series...

OK, now they're seriously milking the Kingdom Hearts series...

They're milking it for sure 53 65.43%

They're not milking it 28 34.57%

Total:81

I am tired of the series TBH, I would like to see it conclude in the next couple of years. I feel like if it continues too far it will no longer be worth playing and just dried up.

Around the Network

theyre milking it the way any other company would milk their game...until your pockets are empty.

it's exactly why people pirate games.

ill buy KH3 but as for the rest i dont really care

dtewi said:
Soriku said:
dtewi said:
Le gasp.

2001 it started. That's a game a year (about).

And besides, the series is great so it should live for a while.

(Technically, including remakes and the like, there will have been 12 games when the 3 have been released)

There's a lot to the story, and I don't get your complaints. Just because a story of game usually ends with one to three iterations doesn't mean all should.

There's 9+ interations. That's way too much for any story.

Why do the games being story-related make it worse than non story-related games with more iterations?

Because people lose interest. I loved all the Kingdom Hearts games I played but knowing that I'll miss parts of the story is making me a little less hyped for KH3.

Soriku said:
Exactly...I'll still play each one eventually, there's no way I won't, but the amount of time it'll actually take me is putting me off a lot on this series and that's a BAD thing.

Seriously, even series I really like have to have some sort of clear ending without having to go through 9+ games.

OK, three of the games aren't even necessary to play. Those are 358, CoM, and Coded. I'm sure with the next three, one or two will not hold that much significance.

You need only KH1, KH2, and BbS to get the full story. It's just about picking which ones to play. The others are basically somewhat story-related and only there for game sake, not for story sake.

Hey, if the story is that concerning, you can read about it on the Wiki. It isn't necessary to tirade about it because there are too many side-titles.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Soriku said:
dtewi said:

OK, three of the games aren't even necessary to play. Those are 358, CoM, and Coded. I'm sure with the next three, one or two will not hold that much significance.

You need only KH1, KH2, and BbS to get the full story. It's just about picking which ones to play. The others are basically somewhat story-related and only there for game sake, not for story sake.

Hey, if the story is that concerning, you can read about it on the Wiki. It isn't necessary to tirade about it because there are too many side-titles.

That's like watching an anime and skipping over a good chunk of character development and some key points in the story like flashbacks. No thanks.

I can always read up but it's nothing compared to actually playing it.

Yes that's true.

It depends on how much you like the story.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

i disagree, i see milking as making poor titles to make a quick buck...the KH games are actually good, and tie the story even more, so they are welcome in my book

THEY DONT EVEN HAVE UTADA HIKARU ANYMORE!!!!!

if kh3 looks good and if it's ps3 exclusive i'll get it, the rest i dont care for. It's just too much!!!

I wouldn't say its milking it, MGS has 8 games with 2 coming out (not including spinoffs).

What i dont get is how the Xehanort saga ends in KH3.

In BBS Master Xehanort becomes Xehanort, Xehanort becomes Ansem & Xemnas, which are both defeated so whats left.

If the games are good, who cares. There is no need to make a big deal out of this unless the games sucked. Since they don't, its all good.

there gonna suck the franchise dry