By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 3 New Kingdom Hearts games in development

3 New Kingdom Hearts games in development

Total:0

In an interview with series director, Tetsuya Nomura, it was mentioned in the Birth by Sleep Ultimania that:

There are 3 new Kingdom Hearts games in development including KH3 which is in the conceptual stages. One will be released this year, the other will be released next year and will focus on multiple main characters.

Kingdom Hearts III will be the end to the Xehanort Saga but not the series which will continue on with Sora as the main hero.

Previously there was a rumor of a Kingdom Hearts Another dive for the PS3 which focuses on another individual other than Sora who was also a main character of the series. My guess is that it means either Riku or Xehanort since it has been called "Xehanort's Saga". Seeing Xehanort's side of the story would be interesting. I highly doubt it will a Mickey game with Epic Mickey coming up.

I guess we'll see more about the other KH game this year at E3 since TGS would be a little late for a game that will be released this year.

Direct quote:

About the next title, Kingdom Hearts 3 depends on Final Fantasy XIII Versus, but development of the next title is already underway. There are two titles other than Kingdom Hearts 3 in conception, and I think I’ll release one within this year.”

“As from next year, I want to put out a title with multiple main characters.”

“The series won’t end in Kingdom Hearts 3, more like the conclusion of the Xehanort saga.”

“It’s not the case that when Sora’s story is over another hero’s story will begin; Sora will be the hero until the end.”

http://heartstation.org/?p=2093

Around the Network

1. People will flip over this being in Sony section.

2. Soriku will flip because of number 1, and because he refuses to believe KH3 is in any form of development. He will also though, jizz.

3. Awesome.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Awesome.

Nice to finally know that KH3 is getting made, although they would be stupid not to!

I wonder what he means by KH3 depends on Versus XIII? Does he mean it depends on how long it takes to make the title or how well it sells for them to justify making the game on the PS3? If that's the case then EVERYONE better buy Versus lol

Why does it matter if it is in the Sony section? KH1 + 2 + Re:Chain of Memories are on a Sony system. So I wouldn't see why it matters. and cool that he finally said something about KH3.

Around the Network

Too awesome!! I hope Square would bring KH1,2 and Re:Chain of Memories on PS3 Blu-ray collection like the GoW Collection.

Like I said in the news article:

I seriously think it will end up on PS3 now. I used to think they would choose the Wii but it seems to me like Tetsuya Nomura prefers the PS3 and they already have the engine for it.

I would guess the PS3.

Boutros said:
Like I said in the news article:

I seriously think it will end up on PS3 now. I used to think they would choose the Wii but it seems to me like Tetsuya Nomura prefers the PS3 and they already have the engine for it.

I would guess the PS3.

Not to mention that FF 13 sold over 1M in 5 days on the PS3. I hope it stays exclusive, not that I wouldn't mind if it went multi-plat. But exclusives are usually always funner.

it will obviously be on the PS3, the real question is whether it will be an exclusive

" Kingdom Hearts 3 depends on Final Fantasy XIII Versus" - That's interesting... I'm buying Versus used now :P

4 ≈ One