By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why the 3DS will be a commercial failure

say what?

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Around the Network

Its 3 DS's duck Taped together so its gotta fail!

Just like the console with 2 gamecubes duck taped together failed.....oh wait.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Its 3 DS's duck Taped together so its gotta fail!

OMG 6 screens!

wait, so have they stated what kind of graphical power it will have? I keep seeing people write "(LADYLOO) -> Wii"
If it's a generational leap, should it be gamecube graphics, since the DS is slightly better N64 graphics?

Fax man, you're missing a crucial point...it has motion control and has a camera on it, and can access the internet...so by your definitions in previous threads, it will also fail because people are watching you play your games

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
wait, so have they stated what kind of graphical power it will have? I keep seeing people write "(LADYLOO) -> Wii"
If it's a generational leap, should it be gamecube graphics, since the DS is slightly better N64 graphics?

People would be happy with it being Current PSP graphics, can't really compare a handheld to a console anymore, it's just not worth the comparison. Completely different hardware featuresets

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Faxanadu said:
nordlead said:
Sorry, the 3DP is the successor to the 3DO. The 3DS would be a 4th generation follow up to the 3DO.

So?

3DO -> SNES Gen

3DP -> N64 Gen

3DQ -> GC Gen

3DS -> Wii Gen

Any more ifs and buts? My logic is sound and water proof.

What happened to the 3DR?????   Or was that just a failed prototype?

Vetteman94 said:
Faxanadu said:
nordlead said:
Sorry, the 3DP is the successor to the 3DO. The 3DS would be a 4th generation follow up to the 3DO.

So?

3DO -> SNES Gen

3DP -> N64 Gen

3DQ -> GC Gen

3DS -> Wii Gen

Damn, sorry. Since the 3DS is clearly NEXT GEN, (3D and all), it must be:

3DR -> Wii Gen

3DS -> Zjj Gen

My bad, the logic holds true though.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Vetteman94 said:
Faxanadu said:
nordlead said:

So?

3DO -> SNES Gen

3DP -> N64 Gen

3DQ -> GC Gen

3DS -> Wii Gen

Damn, sorry. Since the 3DS is clearly NEXT GEN, (3D and all), it must be:

3DR -> Wii Gen

3DS -> Zjj Gen

My bad, the logic holds true though.

Well thanks for clearing that up.  His logic is solid people,  no need to argue this.

It's clearly just piggybacking on the 3DO name, which in turn was piggybacking on the 3PO name, you know, the robot who is a popular character in the Star Wars franchise.

There we have it, Nintendo are clearly copying George Lucas.

VGChartz