By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Would Microsoft ever resort to letting silver Live members have online play

I was talking to a buddy of mine at work today about gaming like I always do. We spoke about the value of having Gold membership over Silver. When we finished comparing, he told me to not worry cause Microsoft's "secret weapon strategy" is to allow online play for all Silver members and make Gold a premium package with extra features. I thought that maybe it could happen. That'll make Xbox Live even more popular and make the people who perfer free online play to buy it. But then again Microsoft would lose money and give us less features on updates, im guessing.

Do you think this is possible. I think not, being that its been too long since the console released and they can lose money.  

Around the Network

Unlikely. I also think the PS4 will force people to pay for online services.

MS showed people are willing to pay. They've done the work, now others will follow.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Unlikely. I also think the PS4 will force people to pay for online services.

MS showed people are willing to pay. They've done the work, now others will follow.

ou make a good point. If it shows that millions would pay for online play then why not. Good point Puggsly

HAHAHAHA ..... NO, were talkin about microsoft here all they want is money.

I'm preety sure Sony and Nintendo also wants our money bro lol

Around the Network

Can't see it happening as it's probably the number one desired feature that would make people consider paying for such a service. Well, at least that is how I think but I am not everyone.

People can already play Halo 3 without Gold, what more do you need?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
People can already play Halo 3 without Gold, what more do you need?

Are you referring to the guest service Halo 3 gives you? (which is sowonderful btw) In order for that to happen, you would need a Gold membership to link up to on the same xbox

No pay.. No Play.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Any increase in users wouldn't be as useful as the cold hard cash!