By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Xbox 360 Slim be the end for PS3

lol good story bro

But I mean seriously? they had the price disadvantage for what? 3 years? And they are still live and kicking so I don't see even the remote chance of it kicking the bucket

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I don't think anything will be the end of the ps3, 360 or wii now they all have a growing user base that buy software.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Euphoria14 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

It is starting to seem likely Microsoft will be releasing a xbox 360 slim. It will also be pretty cheap. I dont think SOny can handle a $100 price cut either. What do you guys think? Will the xbox 360 slim be the end for PS3?

$99 arcade?

I doubt that, especially since something like that would undoubtedly be sold for quite a loss.

Sony is basicly still losing out on every slim console sold, So I doubt MS would care since they have deeper pockets

Shareholders care.

Also last I heard Sony was losing around $18 or so on each 120GB sold. They possibly make profit in EU+Others due to higher price and they have also just recently trimmed the console down a bit more.

For all we know Sony is profiting now.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

if a 360slim debuts at $150 its illogical to buy a ps3, most people do not need to think much about buying a game system that cost 50 percent less because i can say it justifies everything, i also hope we see a ps3 price cut, sony will lose sales there's no doubt about that.

Euphoria14 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Euphoria14 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

It is starting to seem likely Microsoft will be releasing a xbox 360 slim. It will also be pretty cheap. I dont think SOny can handle a $100 price cut either. What do you guys think? Will the xbox 360 slim be the end for PS3?

$99 arcade?

I doubt that, especially since something like that would undoubtedly be sold for quite a loss.

Sony is basicly still losing out on every slim console sold, So I doubt MS would care since they have deeper pockets

Shareholders care.

Also last I heard Sony was losing around $18 or so on each 120GB sold. They possibly make profit in EU+Others due to higher price and they have also just recently trimmed the console down a bit more.

yeah i thought sony is taking 200 grams out of the new ps3 "skinny" slims? and that is gonna make them be profitable now?

so if it is PROFITABLE NOW, it could mean that sony could maybe drop the price to 249.99 to counter the  " XBOX360 SLIM"

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:

Well basicly having 360 go head 2 head with ps3 at $300 is insane, because ps3 has more money for your buck

but lets say a $200 360 slim vs a $300 ps3 slim is where Sony is gonna sweat because it puts 360 at equal value......

So in the end, the console war between these two will be decided on the games

Equal value?

Not to sound fanboyish, but after $100 for the wifi adapter you are sitting at both consoles being $300 again.

And then PS3 still has Bluetooth, Built-in controller battery (for 360 I think it's like $50 for the battery pack?  Been awhile since I bought mine) and a Blu-ray player..

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Tanstalas said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Well basicly having 360 go head 2 head with ps3 at $300 is insane, because ps3 has more money for your buck

but lets say a $200 360 slim vs a $300 ps3 slim is where Sony is gonna sweat because it puts 360 at equal value......

So in the end, the console war between these two will be decided on the games

Equal value?

Not to sound fanboyish, but after $100 for the wifi adapter you are sitting at both consoles being $300 again.

And then PS3 still has Bluetooth, Built-in controller battery (for 360 I think it's like $50 for the battery pack?  Been awhile since I bought mine) and a Blu-ray player..

Casual Gamers dont care about that stuff, all they care about is the console price....So seeing one way cheaper that the other is a huge advantage

besides I never use those things on my ps3 anyways....So its just a waste

the storm is BEHIND us

PS3 is safe now

Time to Work !

ya ps3 is profitable now so 249 wouldnt hurt them plus even if 360 did cut they still wont outsell ps3 worldwide.

Tiko7523 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Euphoria14 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

$99 arcade?

Shareholders care.

yeah i thought sony is taking 200 grams out of the new ps3 "skinny" slims? and that is gonna make them be profitable now?

so if it is PROFITABLE NOW, it could mean that sony could maybe drop the price to 249.99 to counter the  " XBOX360 SLIM"

Considering how they may be profitable now along with the fact that software sales are very good now, I am sure they could afford to drop the price by $50 this year.

Don't take my word for it though.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!