By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Responds To Nintendo 3DS Announcement

chichi-101 said:
How many copies did Brain Training sell? Its one of my favorite games for my DSL, and I know that game isn't targeted toward 8-9 yr. olds at all.

Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day sold 18.94 million copies.  That's more than any Sony game has ever sold, let alone any game on any Sony gaming system.

The sequel sold 14.69 million.

And yes, they were both very aggressively marketed towards older audiences.  I think the youngest score your brain can even get in the game is 20.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
leo-j said:
Wyrdness said:
I think a lot of people are forgeting about what might happen with Sony marketing 3d as the second coming and the Nintendo shows the 3DS to the public as a 3D hand held with no need for glasses of a new TV, effectively Sony would of indirectly marketed it for them.

The difference is the PS3 would look like the better it can do everything machine.. why get a DS when the PS3 does everything and does it much better?

That's there goal.. why do you think PS MOVE is coming out, why get a wii when the ps3 has it and does it better? 3D gaming was originally just going to be the PS3 that pushes it, but nintendo appears to want to push 3d gaming as well.

Sony is going to hype 3D gaming to all hell, and then Nintendo is going to swoop in from the heavens and tell everybody they don't need special glasses or special TVs, they can fit 3D gaming in their pocket.  That's what this is going to look like.  It's all going according to Nintendo's plan.

And the PS3 doesn't do everything better than the DS.  It sure doesn't do Nintendogs or Brain Training better.  :)

brain training?

chichi-101 said:
How many copies did Brain Training sell? Its one of my favorite games for my DSL, and I know that game isn't targeted toward 8-9 yr. olds at all.

Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day sold 18.94 million copies.  That's more than any Sony game has ever sold, let alone any game on any Sony gaming system.

The sequel sold 14.69 million.

And yes, they were both very aggressively marketed towards older audiences.  I think the youngest score your brain can even get in the game is 20.

Wow, thats amazing!

I knew the sales were big, but not that huge. I didn't even buy the game, my cousin (who is 21, lol) let me borrow it, and I couldn't put it down. I constantly wanted to better myself. I love the Sudoko Puzzels =)

I quickly got into the Quick Play, then moved on to the Daily Training, Its quite challenging as you move on...I couldn't imagine general 8-9 year olds finding this as appealing as lets say....Nintendogs, or Mario by any means.

leo-j said:
Wyrdness said:
I think a lot of people are forgeting about what might happen with Sony marketing 3d as the second coming and the Nintendo shows the 3DS to the public as a 3D hand held with no need for glasses of a new TV, effectively Sony would of indirectly marketed it for them.

The difference is the PS3 would look like the better it can do everything machine.. why get a DS when the PS3 does everything and does it much better?

That's there goal.. why do you think PS MOVE is coming out, why get a wii when the ps3 has it and does it better? 3D gaming was originally just going to be the PS3 that pushes it, but nintendo appears to want to push 3d gaming as well.

Sony is going to hype 3D gaming to all hell, and then Nintendo is going to swoop in from the heavens and tell everybody they don't need special glasses or special TVs, they can fit 3D gaming in their pocket.  That's what this is going to look like.  It's all going according to Nintendo's plan.

And the PS3 doesn't do everything better than the DS.  It sure doesn't do Nintendogs or Brain Training better.  :)

Eyepet >> Nintendogs

you got us on brain training, I'd much rather play on GOW III, Uncharted 2, GT5, anyone else fed up of wii boy ranting I hope the 3ds costs a bomb because it has 3d in it, then we shall all be able to complain that it is too expensive and that people will buy psp2 when it comes out.

Infact please remind me when the last time was a Nintendo game got a overall GOTY slapped on it, that is how you measure up how great your games really are.

I apologise to the people that are not causing trouble and love Nintendo, I love Nintendo as well and I'm interested in the 3ds, but all this recent playstation bashing is starting to get out of hand.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

u don't have to pay for glasses, glasses it's one of the ways but isn't the only one.

the technology used on 3DS was made for OLED/LCD/LED TVs, but it's new , there before nintendo only innovation was bringing it handheld, though only announcing it first.
at CES this year many mobiles demoed that feature.

Around the Network

Will buy everything
TV,glasses,new eyes and what else is coming.

I think Sony and Nintendo can revolutionize(again) the market.
Im interested how long it will take till M$ comes up with their 3D thing and say they invented everything already 500 years ago.

jneul said:
leo-j said:
Wyrdness said:

Eyepet >> Nintendogs

you got us on brain training, I'd much rather play on GOW III, Uncharted 2, GT5, anyone else fed up of wii boy ranting I hope the 3ds costs a bomb because it has 3d in it, then we shall all be able to complain that it is too expensive and that people will buy psp2 when it comes out.

Infact please remind me when the last time was a Nintendo game got a overall GOTY slapped on it, that is how you measure up how great your games really are.

I apologise to the people that are not causing trouble and love Nintendo, I love Nintendo as well and I'm interested in the 3ds, but all this recent playstation bashing is starting to get out of hand.

2007 - Super Mario Galaxy

Also please give me a company with as many GOTY wins as Nintendo have. Because that's how you measure up how great a company really is! /sarcasm

I sense a lot of hate in this thread

puffy said:
jneul said:
leo-j said:
Wyrdness said:

Eyepet >> Nintendogs

Also please give me a company with as many GOTY wins as Nintendo have. Because that's how you measure up how great a company really is! /sarcasm

=) !!!

puffy said:
jneul said:
leo-j said:
Wyrdness said:

Eyepet >> Nintendogs

lol I know what you mean, yeah you right about that, I was not having a go at you, because you have behaved from what I have seen

Edit: Zelda will be a GOTY contender, that is for sure, I can't wait to play on zelda

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1