By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 250gb HD on sale on Amazon.com

M.U.G.E.N said:
That's still ridiculously expensive

Compared to this I think its actually quite cheap.

Tease.

Around the Network

I wonder when Best Buy is getting this, I got almost $100 in reward zone bucks waiting to be spent. So this for $30 is a steal.

It's a lot less of a peripheral premium than it was before considering they charged $150 for the 120GB HDD.

$100 would have been asking a bit much as MS does rely upon fairly big margins from their peripherals, particularly the basics like WiFi and HDD.

The way MS has their pricing structured, they couldn't do this anyway as any savvy consumer would buy a $199 Arcade and a $100 250GB HDD for the same price as a $299 120GB Elite.

Squilliam said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Compared to that buying a console and 3-4 games sounds cheap too :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Train wreck said:
disolitude said:
RaidenChief88 said:
I put a 500 GB hard drive in my PS3 for $89.99. What a joke this is.

Does your hard drive come with Xbox 1 games emulation software? No?... PS2 emulation software perhaps? No? Aww...

What does emulation software have to do with the pricing of the HDD.

The Xbox HDD is expensive, still, no matter how you spin it.

The point is that the 89.99 1 TB hard drive does NOT work with a 360. And even if you hack it to work, it won't emulate xbox 1 games. So no, Xbox hard drive is not expensive as there isn't a competitive product thats cheaper which has all of its features.

Make me a hard drive for the 360 with all of the features for less and then you can comment its expensive.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Squilliam said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

But it has 4x the ram, and 3 display outputs. It looks like a PS3 on a board to me, at least the PS3 which was promised before they cut out all the features!!!

Tease.

its too expensive. 360 owners know that. but they don't want to lose the argument that it's too expensive so they keep arguing...RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!! still too expensive. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!

Squilliam said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Squilliam said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

But it has 4x the ram, and 3 display outputs. It looks like a PS3 on a board to me, at least the PS3 which was promised before they cut out all the features!!!

lol the day that thing can work on its own (you know, without a computer and other componenets that will also cost money :P) and also the day that thing has games like UC2 to play with....it's still crazy expensive and useless...at least to me it is

and let's keep the discussion on track here...we are derailing it :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

heywoodjablome said:
its too expensive. 360 owners know that. but they don't want to lose the argument that it's too expensive so they keep arguing...RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!! still too expensive. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!

if 360 owners are willing to pay why are PS3 owners saying its too expensive?

I mean, if one bought a PS3 tobegin with...saying something else is "too expensive" is kind of ironic no?

disolitude said:
heywoodjablome said:

if 360 owners are willing to pay why are PS3 owners saying its too expensive?

I mean, if one bought a PS3 tobegin with...saying something else is "too expensive" is kind of ironic no?

ok dude relax a bit :D I wouldsay the ps3's initial price was way too expensive as well ok? Now are we good? now can someone say what they think of the HDD situation without getting a console name added to their names?

Just to clarify, PS3Slim is not expensive at all....I really won't get into the pros and cons of it now cuz this is not a thread for it

The HDD is too expensive...simple as that...they have lowered the price somewhat which is great but still it's bit of a ripoff....my best friend is a proud xbox owner (I use his a lot too lol) and even he gets pissed off about MS pricing...it's just not kewl

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!