By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you think the 360 Slim is real?

I think it is real. They had a job listing to redesign the motherboard on the Microsoft website. They showed the slimmed down motherboard and then they dissected it and pointed out what was where like the ring of light, the contoller linking button (forgot the name of it lol), and the AV input. I thought it was fake after i saw that there were no memory unit inputs but then I saw that Microsoft is gonna update the Xbox to let you use flash drives as memory units, so I went right back to believing its real.

Also, Natal is coming soon and i know theyll wanna drop the price on the 360. That way bundle prices can look more appealing. And how can they drop the price significantly? By making a slimmer Xbox that would cost less money to build, like Sony did with the Playstation. Not to mention all the rumors and speculation of a redesigned 360 to go with Natal at launch.

With all this "evidence", what do you guys think. This looks exciting and I hope its real, that way I can have a Slim 360 right next to my Slim PS3. YAY!!

Around the Network

Not sure if it will be a slim but im willing to bet that this upcoming revision is real. It will probably atleast reduce the chip lithography to 45 nm for both the CPU and GPU.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

yes

1337 Gamer said:
Not sure if it will be a slim but im willing to bet that this upcoming revision is real. It will probably atleast reduce the chip lithography to 45 nm for both the CPU and GPU.

In that motherboard image GPU and CPU are integrated to one chip and dimensions of that motherboard are about 1/3 smaller that original motherboard.

Also size reserved for DVD is smaller than in original so they can't anymore use normal PC DVD-players. New DVD-player should be either slim model or slot loading model to fit in reserved place. 

Also HDD will use normal SATA connection in motherboard which could mean internal HDD (or at least in will be much easier to modify that version of XBox360 to work with normal HDD).

If that image is real then it really will be "slim" model. In fact that Xbox360 model wouldn't be much bigger than Wii because integrated CPU and GPU will make much less heat than two different processors. 

I don't know if it'll be "slim" but it'll certainlly be smaller... nearly Wii size and suck up about the same amount of power to... wonder if they would need the brink anymore... perhaps something much smaller

Around the Network

i think MS will do a redesign with Natal as they have a knack for copying

I sure hope so! I am thinking about buying one, but I am on the fence until I know if the slim is real or not. I don't want to buy something just to have something better come out a few months later.

PSN ID: KingFate_

It is looking like it is legit.

You can be sure it is coming
Somewhere a couple of months ago. Spokesmen microsoft said there was a new xbox coming
everyone thought he meant the xbox720. But then the day after he said he meant just a new model.

yes.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees