By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy - Fastest Selling Mario Ever

"Super Mario Galaxy had the strongest one-week debut of any Wii game to date and has also become the best-selling Mario title ever in its first week, with U.S. sales of more than 500,000, based on internal sales figures," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "It makes an easy gift choice as the holiday shopping season kicks off."

http://kotaku.com/gaming/super-mario-galaxy/mario-galaxy-sells-500k-in-a-week-325276.php

Something Fishy(Joe) beat me: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=10464#end

Around the Network

Gahh... how do you check software weekly sales for games?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Do not lie to us Dolla, the game bombed. Wii fad is almost over.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:

It's true! All is lost!

RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:

This is the Nintendo section of the forum. It's not allowed to post negative comments here.

Oh no!!!

Rol is trolling again, I will call a mod. 

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network
ItsaMii said:
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:

This is the Nintendo section of the forum. It's not allowed to post negative comments here.

Oh no!!!

what will you call him?

ahhh me and my lame jokes..

... that don't even make sense in the context......

anyways.. good stuff for galaxy, just out of curiosity, what exactly is meant by 'internal sales figures'

awesome it deserves to sell alot

Soriku said:
ItsaMii broke rule 4, Rol rule 3.

I'm calling ioi.

Well said, Spam King.

Satan said:

tabsina said:
ItsaMii said:
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:

Oh no!!!

what will you call him?

ahhh me and my lame jokes..

... that don't even make sense in the context......

anyways.. good stuff for galaxy, just out of curiosity, what exactly is meant by 'internal sales figures'

I imagine internal sales figures is something like what NPD does but Nintendo would have feed back from almost 100% of the retail sector, I might be wrong, but it seems logical as if I was Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony I wouldn't rely purely on NPD and instead have there own figures.

ioi seemed to have confirm this theory when he stated that according to "Microsoft's data NPD is undertracking Xbox360 hardware & software"

Bod, do you have any idea if TRU pass sales data to Nintendo, sony and microsoft?

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

So now its Sony's turn to have a huge selling first party game.