By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III will be the last big exclusive for the PS3 in 2010

Carl2291 said:
Snake612 said:
Carl2291 said:
Snake612 said:
Carl2291 said:

GT5 isn't a big exclusive

GT5 is a big exlcusive. but do you think with all the delays that a lot of people will buy the game?

I bet it will do at least double God of War 3's numbers.

And it will also out review any other racing game on the market.

Let's make a bet. If GT5 can sell 2.5 million copies first week worldwide, I will not make a thread for 4 months.

I will take the bet if it's TOTAL first week sales. Not just first week. As first week could be in Japan, where it could do some lol-worthy (by comparison) numbers.

Alright. Its a deal!!!!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
phinch1 said:

Exactly it is a stand alone game, it is however part of the Fabula Nova crystallis (kinda like a trilogy)

It's off-topic, but I'm ranting a little.

Fabula Nova Crystallis is the worst name I have ever heard for a trilogy (or whatever).

That literally means "A New Story With Crystals!"

Honestly, that is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.

It can also mean "The New Fable With The Crystals" but that's not a whole lot better.

Who made that name up!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Let me guess: You are going to save enough money to get GT5 and create a thread during its release week to change your mind.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
themanwithnoname said:
phinch1 said:
Wagram said:
phinch1 said:
themanwithnoname said:
How is Versus XIII a new title? It's a spinoff to the 12th sequel of an already existing series!

Im sick of Versus 13 being called a spin off, when it really isnt

It isn't a spin off. It has it's own unique story. Technically it is a standalone game. Now if another game is made in the universe of Versus that doesn't directly relate to Versus, then that is a spin off.

Exactly it is a stand alone game, it is however part of the Fabula Nova crystallis (kinda like a trilogy)
Final fantasy 13
Final fantasy versus 13
Final fantasy agito 13

but calling it a spin off is ridiculous its like calling die hard 2 a spin off of die hard 1

So you're arguing that Versus XIII and Agito XIII are sequels of XIII? How can that be if they're completely unrelated? 

They aren't sequels, and they aren't spinoffs. They are all just part of the "Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII" Series.

Shinji's words -

"The Fabula Nova Crystallis project is not a collection of sequels or ports but several original titles that exist alongside each other."

Snake612 said:

Let me clarify what I meant in the title of this thread.

I know there are other exclusives like Killzone 3, Resistance 3, GT5 and FFVersusXIII

but

1) Judging by the sales of Killzone 2, I don't see Killzone 3 having as much as success as God of War III. Killzone 3 will have a strong first week opening but it won't have strong legs weeks after its release.

2) I've pretty much lost all my hope for Gran Turismo 5 because of all the delays and the low preorder numbers.

3) FFversusXIII will do great but my expectations are low because its a new title.

4) I don't think  Resistance 3 will do that great when it comes to LTD.

As for 2010, God of War III owns as the last big excusive for the PS3.

Removed (1) as Killzone 3 won't be out this year and removed (4) because Resistance is an insignificant series in terms of sales.

2) GT5 has no release date yet it's already at #6 in the Americas preorders charts (and the Americas have supposedly lost a lot of affection for racers). Prologue has sold 4.5mil inc. digital downloads. And it's Gran Turismo. That last sentence is all I really needed to say to refute your ludicrous second bullet.

3) FFXIII did 1.5mil in Japan FW. Versus, whilst not the first Final Fantasy to release on PS3 and whilst not a "main" title if you like, will still break a million FW over there again. Even though it'll only release in Japan this December, it'll still sell enough for us to consider it a big 2010 exclusive.

And let's not forget Rockstar's Agent, Media Molecule's new gem, and Jaffe's AAA PS3 Twisted Metal. There's no way all 3 will get delayed to 2011. Jaffe already hinted at an October/November release for Eat Sleep Play's new effort.

Around the Network
Snake612 said:
Carl2291 said:

GT5 is a big exlcusive. but do you think with all the delays that a lot of people will buy the game?

What else are they going to buy?  PS3 hasn't really had a Forza type game when it comes to simulator racing so there isn't even a sim game close on the PS3... to my knowledge.

themanwithnoname said:
phinch1 said:
Wagram said:
phinch1 said:
themanwithnoname said:
How is Versus XIII a new title? It's a spinoff to the 12th sequel of an already existing series!

It isn't a spin off. It has it's own unique story. Technically it is a standalone game. Now if another game is made in the universe of Versus that doesn't directly relate to Versus, then that is a spin off.

Final fantasy 13
Final fantasy versus 13
Final fantasy agito 13

but calling it a spin off is ridiculous its like calling die hard 2 a spin off of die hard 1

So you're arguing that Versus XIII and Agito XIII are sequels of XIII? How can that be if they're completely unrelated? 

I'm pretty sure I never said they were completely unrelated, A spin off is usually a smaller Tv show that branches off from the bigger version, kind of like joey and friends, But i dont see how versus will be a smaller version of the 13, when it will sell the same if not more

Carl2291 said:
themanwithnoname said:
phinch1 said:
Wagram said:
phinch1 said:
themanwithnoname said:

Final fantasy 13
Final fantasy versus 13
Final fantasy agito 13

They aren't sequels, and they aren't spinoffs. They are all just part of the "Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII" Series.

Shinji's words -

"The Fabula Nova Crystallis project is not a collection of sequels or ports but several original titles that exist alongside each other."

Meh. That to me is like trying to argue that KOTOR is not a spinoff of Star Wars. I'm going to just quit arguing semantics I guess, because I seem to be the only one who thinks so.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Snake612 said:
Carl2291 said:
Snake612 said:
Carl2291 said:

Let's make a bet. If GT5 can sell 2.5 million copies first week worldwide, I will not make a thread for 4 months.

i'll take that bet. that's not even a bet. the definition of a bet is that there is a chance of losing. gt5 will not sell less than 2.5 million first week. there's no force on heaven or on earth that can change that (unless kazunori dies in the middle of production or something). so i'll take that bet, even though i have no chance of losing. just so you can't make any more threads like this without any evidence or analysis.

Snake612 said:
Carl2291 said:
Snake612 said:
Carl2291 said:
Snake612 said:
Carl2291 said:

I will take the bet if it's TOTAL first week sales. Not just first week. As first week could be in Japan, where it could do some lol-worthy (by comparison) numbers.

Alright. Its a deal!!!!

Fine by me