By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which PS3 RPG will sell 1 million first Demons Souls or Valkyria Chronicles

Which PS3 RPG will sell 1 million first Demons Souls or Valkyria Chronicles

Demon's Souls 103 76.30%

Valkyria Chronicles 32 23.70%

Total:135

FF13 versus

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network
Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:
Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:

The fact is, NPD say the leaks were false...

Can you prove otherwise?

Can you prove NPD weren't being dicks because in order to get NPD numbers you have to pay them and AniHawk was posting them on GAF for free?

Something tells me if NPD were correct in that they were false, GAF would be a lot more wary of NPD numbers.

I gave you a link where NPD say the leaks were false... You don't need anything else.

And as for your other link of the "250k sold", it isn't specified if that is Japan or US, or wherever. And he even says "Initial shipments of the game totaled just 15,000 copies". You really think VGC was off by THAT much for first week sales of 105k in NA? Really...?

jarrod said:

No, they said some of the figures were inaccurate or approximations, before launching into the usual sort of dismissive tirade that Riley's known for.  I'm surprised certain segments around here would lend David Riley so much credence, given what he's also said about VGC being wildly inaccurate as well.

The Valkyria figures were also leaked beforehand though.  

NPD clearly state that the figures leaked were wrong...

DS definitely didn't sell 250k in Japan because otherwise every tracker would be undertracking it then unless they were talking about shipped. But since it isn't clarified we'll just drop that for now.

I can't say the same for VC. You put way too much faith in NPD/this David Riley dude's statement. Have you ehard of damage control? Like I said, if those numbers were really wrong, GAF would be a lot more wary of numbers posted. And then again the dude even said "partially."

I believe some big guy of the company over some guy on the forum...

Carl2291 said:

Since we don;t know which ones are the "some", then it's not possible for anyone to base an arguement off of the sales that were leaked. And the apporimation was also "way off base". Which means i am still right and the numbers can't be used in any arguement...

As for the VC numbers, i'm sure we will see the truth when VC2 hits any particular milestone.

And i'm not gonna argue against some guy when he's talking about his own companies numbers. Just like i wouldn't argue against ioi about VGC numbers.

If you're taking Riley's words as absolute truth, the VGC Valkyria numbers are also wrong though.  I'm not sure why you can't seem to process that?  Riley literally called ioi a sociopath... if you agree with this guy, I'm not sure why you're even spending your time at VGC?

And in regards to Valkyria, the numbers were additionally leaked before the ones in question by GamePro/Riley.  Unlike a lot of the other figures in question, that means we have multiple leaks to go off of (albeit from the same source, who has yet to get banned from NeoGAF for posting "fake" numbers).

Also, according to VGC, the Valkyria series has already passed the 1 million milestone... would you say it's strange then we've seen no announcement or verification of said milestone from Sega?  If we don't get one for VC2's western release, what would you say?

jarrod said:

If you're taking Riley's words as absolute truth, the VGC Valkyria numbers are also wrong though.  I'm not sure why you can't seem to process that?

So... Because i trust VGC's numbers over NPD's, it means i also can't believe the guy say the leaked NPD numbers were wrong?

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:

If you're taking Riley's words as absolute truth, the VGC Valkyria numbers are also wrong though.  I'm not sure why you can't seem to process that?

So... Because i trust VGC's numbers over NPD's, it means i also can't believe the guy say the leaked NPD numbers were wrong?

Well, the only person who said they were wrong also said the same of VGC.  Again, please consider the source...

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:

Well, the only person who said they were wrong also said the same of VGC.  Again, please consider the source...

The guy said a leak about his own numbers were wrong. Which is totally different than him outright saying VGC numbers are wrong...

Why should i disagree with him on leaks about HIS numbers?

@ jarrod )

at least everyone knows, that Riley knows the numbers, so there is a 50% chance of him telling the truth

that's a much much better chance than a random forum poster posting correct NPD numbers

Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:
Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:

The fact is, NPD say the leaks were false...

Can you prove otherwise?

Can you prove NPD weren't being dicks because in order to get NPD numbers you have to pay them and AniHawk was posting them on GAF for free?

Something tells me if NPD were correct in that they were false, GAF would be a lot more wary of NPD numbers.

I gave you a link where NPD say the leaks were false... You don't need anything else.

And as for your other link of the "250k sold", it isn't specified if that is Japan or US, or wherever. And he even says "Initial shipments of the game totaled just 15,000 copies". You really think VGC was off by THAT much for first week sales of 105k in NA? Really...?

jarrod said:

No, they said some of the figures were inaccurate or approximations, before launching into the usual sort of dismissive tirade that Riley's known for.  I'm surprised certain segments around here would lend David Riley so much credence, given what he's also said about VGC being wildly inaccurate as well.

The Valkyria figures were also leaked beforehand though.  

NPD clearly state that the figures leaked were wrong...

DS definitely didn't sell 250k in Japan because otherwise every tracker would be undertracking it then unless they were talking about shipped. But since it isn't clarified we'll just drop that for now.

Sony published DS in more countries than just Japan.

^
+ japanese trackers don't track exported games - DS was an export hit, that's why Atlus published it

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:

The guy said a leak about his own numbers were wrong. Which is totally different than him outright saying VGC numbers are wrong...

Why should i disagree with him on leaks about HIS numbers?

Because he's infamous for damage controlling?  Because he's notorious for spreading FUD?  Because he's intellectually dishonest, trollish and generally condescending whenever he opens his mouth?

And also because he never technically said the NPD leak on Valkyria Chronicles was wrong. And because the leak in question wasn't the only leak of NPD VC figures.  And also because the source of said leaks has never been banned, which would be protocol for posting fake numbers.

Me personally, I'll weigh context, circumstance and try to take a more reasoned view...