By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon’s Souls Does Well, Atlus Swimming In Profit

Atlus posted huge gains. Thanks to their North American branch, Atlus USA, the publisher made 378 million yen (roughly $4.15 million) in operating profit for the first half of their fiscal year. The figure is up 236.1% compared to the same period last year.

In the previous quarter alone, Atlus USA raked in 346 million yen ($3.81 million) in operating profit, which was a 578.5% increase compared to last year. Strong overseas sales of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, 101-in-1 Party Megamix, and Demon’s Souls were attributed to growth. While 101-in-1 Party Megamix probably exceeded expectations, we think Demon’s Souls had a lot to do with this boom.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

This is like a week old.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

this is why SCEJ was sad, its their loss! and its a win for Atlus for being a great publisher!

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/03/15/demons-souls-does-well-atlus-swimming-in-profit/

RELEASE IT IN EUROPE!!!!

darthdevidem01 said:
This is like a week old.

Aww =[

well i am happy either way =]

Around the Network

They only made 4 million dollars? They better drop out of the videogame business! =O

dsister44 said:
They only made 4 million dollars? They better drop out of the videogame business! =O

Since some people won't get the sarcasm, it should be noted that 4 million is a lot for a small company like atlus.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

They did a good job. 4 million on a game that hasn't even sold a million copies is a job well done.

leatherhat said:
dsister44 said:

Since some people won't get the sarcasm, it should be noted that 4 million is a lot for a small company like atlus.

for some reason people NEVER get dsisters sarcasm.

gurglesletch said:
They did a good job. 4 million on a game that hasn't even sold a million copies is a job well done.

LOL WUT!

Its a good job done.....but its not like the game cost $1.