By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The nearest gamestop with a ps3 from my house is 106 miles....

beast024 said:

I never knew the problem was that bad! I thought they were small shortages that only some areas sold out. I know what your thinking, you probly live in the middle of no where. No, I live in new york city so there you go. Its like the wii all over again. I already have a ps3 yes, but I need to buy one for my little brother's birthday. As of right now, no retailer near me has a ps3 in stock, none, at least with in 60 miles!

So is it that hard for you to get one yourself, how far away is the nearest GAMESTOP/EBGAMES with a ps3 in stock from your house? I have already said that mines was 106 miles, how about yours?

I also noticed that in the sunday ads, there were no ps3 ads at all! none! Only 360 and wii were shown! Im pretty sure its the shortages... but anyways they still advertised the ps3 games. :)

What the heck are you talking about?  Do you use the Search for item in inventory item on the Gamestop website?

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=020321

That is what I did.  I put in zipcode 10001 (NYC) and the Manhattan Mall is supposed to have one.  Is the system THAT horrible, or is it that you just called a few stores and they didn't happen?  I will trust you aren't being a partisan fanboy and just posting under the belief that you saying the PS3 is out of stock in NYC means everyone will think it is awesome, because it isn't in stock.

Anyhow, next time, don't use the same item finder Jack Trenton does... particularly if you want to wager over whether it it would be in stock or not.

Around the Network

I bet your luck will turn. Good luck finding one for your Brother, however, I am confident that finding one is easier than you have stated, especially in New York.....just keep looking.

Keep looking, I am sure you will find one.

PSN ID: KingFate_

the 250 gig seems to be out of stock still within 100 miles of NYC (impressive considering there are about 50 gamestop stores in NYC) but the 120 gig is in stock, if you're interested in getting that one for your little brother.

LOL! fuel your gas tank and head out!

Around the Network

I seen about 3 PS3s at my local gamestop which is like 10 miles away.

There are plenty within 100 miles of Syracuse at EBGames. If you send me money I'll ship you one. I just need a $50 finders fee

Anyways, I just checked on EBGames. They don't even allow you to see if Wii's are in stock locally. Either way, the whole stock thing is rediculous for all 3 companies. Your best bet seems to be ToysRus though (in my area anyways).

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

strange here in kuwait we have a shitload of em.

Try other places like Walmart or Kmart.

Check the block.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi