By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japan goes nuts over DS TV tuner

totalwar23 said:
johnlucas said:
Galaki said:
Pre-order was over 4 millions.
Why would they watch TV on DS anyways? I would've picked PSP.

There's that 4 million number again.

Halo 3 sold 3 point something million in its first week & I said that Wii Fit would beat that number with all launches included NOT TO MENTION in Japan alone.

I'm starting to think this lull we seem to be seeing in Japan is because of anticipation for Wii Fit.

Japan goes crazy over a TV Tuner for the DS. Watch what they do when Wii Fit comes out.

John Lucas

that was quite a stretch there.

You must not be familiar with John Lucas if you think that was a stretch for him. 

Around the Network

I cry that this could outsell any recent game on the Japanese market.

whatever said:
totalwar23 said:
johnlucas said:
Galaki said:
Pre-order was over 4 millions.
Why would they watch TV on DS anyways? I would've picked PSP.

There's that 4 million number again.

Halo 3 sold 3 point something million in its first week & I said that Wii Fit would beat that number with all launches included NOT TO MENTION in Japan alone.

I'm starting to think this lull we seem to be seeing in Japan is because of anticipation for Wii Fit.

Japan goes crazy over a TV Tuner for the DS. Watch what they do when Wii Fit comes out.

John Lucas

that was quite a stretch there.

You must not be familiar with John Lucas if you think that was a stretch for him.

Well I am slightly familiar with him but I don't see how he somehow connected WiiFit with the DS Tuner. Come on, even he can't be that nuts.

thats crazy----what is up japan

No, John is pretty nuts. Though he stands by his predictions constantly, and admits when he is wrong which is quite admirable(Painful that needs to be remarked on rather than assumed in my opinion actually. Woo, mini rant). Besides, it's quite interesting the rare time's he's right, and that has happened.

Anyhow, I not get it, but I not watch TV either.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

You guys forget what country you're talking about.

John Lucas very possibly may be right. I think it's fairly outrageous, but seriously, it's Japan. You can't be certain.

SW-5120-1900-6153

basically anything put on ds is popular

I agree with JohnLucas in principle: the Japanese are interested in gadgets and Nintendo has harnessed that in a huge way, but I think the one point he's missing is that DS has 5 times the user base of Wii.

WiiFit is going to be a hit over there, but it's not going to get 4 million orders for launch. 4 million lifetime? Definitely possible, even probable.

They have some pictures of the unit at gizmodo. It includes the Game & watch Fireman game, that explains the sales!

I don't understand the Japanese at all.  If there was ever the definition of cheap plastic gimmick, this thing would be in it. Sigh, the Japanese.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/retro_nintendo/included-gamewatch-game-makes-nintendo-ds-tv-tuners-even-cooler-325293.php

FishyJoe said:

I don't understand the Japanese at all. If there was ever the definition of cheap plastic gimmick, this thing would be in it. Sigh, the Japanese.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/retro_nintendo/included-gamewatch-game-makes-nintendo-ds-tv-tuners-even-cooler-325293.php

How does "TV Tuner device allowing you to watch TV on your DS" = "cheap plastic gimmick"