By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Possible PS3 price cut?

CommonMan said:
I think no, but what does BHR-3 say? I usually just blindly agree with him.

no ps3 price cut this year maybe 249$ in 2011 100% guarantee 199$ + new slimer ps3 fall of 2012

expect good deal bundles for this fall, biggest year for bundles many widely available 299$ bundles this fall think gt5+ps3 299$ or others with the the Move

this gen will last longer u dont want to jump the gun and cut ur price so low early or there will be no offense left later down the line

Play Me

Around the Network

^Commander, you are not seriously expecting a PS3 Move bundle for more than $300, are you? I mean, even $300 is pushing it "a little" for the casual market, being the Wii $200 and all... but still the PS3 Move could fight at that price 'cause it has other features that are attractive (or may be) like the novelty of a camera and light spherers (casuals, remember?) and hey, it's a blu-ray player with 120GB HDD, HD gaming, free online, Home (that may help entice the audience a bit, right?), etc... But still, more than $300 even when it's a total steal, in the eyes of the market they want to cut into, I don't see it happening.

Making a PS3 Move bundle for $300 then it would lead to create a PS3 core pack for less, around $249. Cause not everyone wants the Move, and let's face it, it'd be expensive for Sony and conflicting to change the PS3 image to a total "casual package". But cutting even or losing some money for a core $250 and Move bundles I could see it happening, just like when any new console is introduced, a sacrifice is made to reach as many people as possible and achieve fast installed-base growth. They would have plenty of stuff to make up for the losses, selling extra Move remotes, PSeye, Move pack bundles and shovel..I mean games...

no need yet.
maybe after April 2011when they have some cushion from this new revision (from December 2010) and have their factories and distribution properly up to speed (ps3 stock levels recovery after dec 2010)
to cut the price when Natal goes out might be snubbed as a knee-jerk reaction?

only time will tell.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

gekkokamen said:

^Commander, you are not seriously expecting a PS3 Move bundle for more than $300, are you? I mean, even $300 is pushing it "a little" for the casual market, being the Wii $200 and all... but still the PS3 Move could fight at that price 'cause it has other features that are attractive (or may be) like the novelty of a camera and light spherers (casuals, remember?) and hey, it's a blu-ray player with 120GB HDD, HD gaming, free online, Home (that may help entice the audience a bit, right?), etc... But still, more than $300 even when it's a total steal, in the eyes of the market they want to cut into, I don't see it happening.

Making a PS3 Move bundle for $300 then it would lead to create a PS3 core pack for less, around $249. Cause not everyone wants the Move, and let's face it, it'd be expensive for Sony and conflicting to change the PS3 image to a total "casual package". But cutting even or losing some money for a core $250 and Move bundles I could see it happening, just like when any new console is introduced, a sacrifice is made to reach as many people as possible and achieve fast installed-base growth. They would have plenty of stuff to make up for the losses, selling extra Move remotes, PSeye, Move pack bundles and shovel..I mean games...

I agree with you, Sony will most likely not bundle all sku's with move.

And whatever bundle does have Move should be the cheaper casual bundle at $300 (or as you suggest $250, which I think is a stretch)

but that leaves a slight conundrum for the "hardcore bundle"

what to include?

I guess conventional bundles of a larger hard drive, 2 DS3's and a game would work for $350....  or $300 if they must (but i just dont see this happening)

maybe both the move sku, and the "hardcore sku" will both go for $300.

yeah, that makes sense.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.