By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 4 on the ps3, worth it or not?

Star Ocean 4 on the ps3, worth it or not?

You should have bought it already 18 47.37%

£20 is just about right 4 10.53%

Wait untill it's lower 10 26.32%

Avoid at all cost 5 13.16%

Get WKC instead 1 2.63%

Total:38

So I've been skeptical of SO4 for as long as I can remember because of the voice acting and the lack of inspiration I get from the script. But from what I can gather, game play is an interesting affair, my question is "is the gameplay alone worth slugging through the story and voice acting?"

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

bringing up my post

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Wish i could help you with some advice here, am curious myself too...

btw: 20 pounds? where?

Amazon.co.uk

fail, just realised that the £20 one is out of stock ¬_¬

I found the game lacking, but if it's for cheap, you might want to give it a go. At least, if you think it sucks then, you won't have wasted too much money.

Around the Network

gameplay alone is worth it there are plenty of characters to play as and it doesn't really get old and there are several side quests that are challenging at the end of the game too...as for the story and voice acting. you can skip every story scene and they give you quick synopsis of what happened in a few paragraphs of text. and voice acting can be turned off i believe

heywoodjablome said:
gameplay alone is worth it there are plenty of characters to play as and it doesn't really get old and there are several side quests that are challenging at the end of the game too...as for the story and voice acting. you can skip every story scene and they give you quick synopsis of what happened in a few paragraphs of text. and voice acting can be turned off i believe

This

Also, i thought it was worth it, battle system, gameplay, graphics, even the story, thought it was great. The vo's can sometimes be over the top, but mostly just Lymle is the hard one to put up with "kay?"  Other then that, i don't regret my purchase. It's a good game to add to my PS3 rpg library.    

The battle system itself makes the game worth buying.

i have 40 hours in it i have beat it
it one of my fav rpgs ever (equals SO2)
IF you are from the guys that like exploring vast areas and develop your char a lot you will love it but if you like linearity and nice plot you won 't like it and the saves is far away one from another
the gameplay is awesome,the graphics are good but the faces are lifeless,the plot mediocre

Okay, I've decided. I will get the game but only after it's less than £20 (ideally lower than £15).