By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Best RTS...

...Has still not been beaten. It's still alive and kicking, thanks to it's awesome community. And it's called Company of Heroes. It has some great mods to keep it alive aswell. Although that isn't nessecary, because the vanilla game is awesome! It actually requires strategy for once! Spamming units isn't gonna cut it (Atleast not in skirmish / online), and you can win easily against a supremacy with the right tactics..

Each game is different, because of the 4 different armies, tons of different maps (That do make a difference! Some got alot of chokepoints, while others are open), different strategies from each player (You've got alot of sites where you can find hundreds of great strategies aswell, some that are best early-game, while others rely on late-game units.

Plus, you get xp for almost everything, destroying enemy buildings/units/wrecks (That can be recovered/salvaged by some armies), building defences / buildings / units. You can put this game in one of the 3 company's that comes with your army. For example, as America, you can choose for the Airborn (Which gets you some nice paratroopers that can be upgraded with Recoilles Rifles to take of those bugging light vehicles), or the Infantry Company (Which decreases the time unit production, and let's you build Howitzers for artillery support).

Ofcourse, the title is quite opinion-based, but it's really a great game. You get to replay some important history-events, and it's all quite realistic aswell. So go ahead to steam, and download the demo. And if you really like it, I suggest you buy the Gold edition for 15 dollars. This is the original game + the best expansion (Which adds the Panzer Elite and the Brits).

Enjoy!

Around the Network

wait what game are you talking about?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I totally agree, though you only get 2 armies with the original game, and they are airborne infantry, not airborn

What mods and map packs would you recommend? I got back into the game a little bit recently (though my attention has since gone to Napoleon Total War and Final Fantasy XIII), and I am just working my way through the campaign, but I will need more things to occupy me when I come to skirmish mode

Shizz, how could I forgezz! :P. Edited ;)

I thought you were purposefully keeping the name a secret!

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
I totally agree, though you only get 2 armies with the original game, and they are airborne infantry, not airborn

What mods and map packs would you recommend? I got back into the game a little bit recently (though my attention has since gone to Napoleon Total War and Final Fantasy XIII), and I am just working my way through the campaign, but I will need more things to occupy me when I come to skirmish mode

Did you really get Napoleon? The fixes are minimal, and so it's as broken as Empire was. We should really play a game of skirmish togheter .

Munkeh111 said:
I thought you were purposefully keeping the name a secret!

Ehm.. Yup, I totally did that

wow this looks great, you have saved me from getting C&C

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance, I dunno if you can go online with the demo, but you really should try a online game to be fully convined. Although the skirmishes are great fun aswell! Let's not forget about the story mode either ^^. If you're into RTS's, the online in this game is about as good as it gets. It can be really intense with 4 vs 4. And if you're a well-oiled team, the strategies can sometimes be amazing! Just check gamereplays.org - Strategies. And you can still find some CoH strategies on THE FRONT PAGE, while it released in 2006 :)

title not = Starcraft does not compute...

I should probably pick this game up sometime maybe on a steam sale.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!