By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 has the best battle system.

Xenogears has my favorite combat system. Its so freaking badass

Around the Network
g-value said:
Boutros said:
Well I disagree but it's still a good combat system.

I think the best one I've seen is in DQVIII.

<_<

Wut?!?!?

The best thing about the game is the battle system. Grinding is way more fun that I expected it to be.

Boutros said:
g-value said:
Boutros said:

<_<

Wut?!?!?

Dragon Quest VIII sucks *runs away*.

g-value said:
Boutros said:
g-value said:
Boutros said:

<_<

Wut?!?!?

Blasphemyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! *picks up a pitchfork* :P 

Although, DQVIII wasn't even amongst the best of the DQ games :P 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
g-value said:
Boutros said:
g-value said:
Boutros said:

<_<

Wut?!?!?

WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!?

Fab_GS said:
The best thing about the game is the battle system. Grinding is way more fun that I expected it to be.

I disagree. While the combat system for FFXIII is amazing, I feel the best aspect of it is its characters. They are all awesome. I've never liked FF characters this much before. Surprisingly, I actually feel that FFXIII's storyline is its weakest point (though its still good).

d21lewis said:

I'm not very far into the game (about 10 hours, I think) but I find the lack of a retreat option, changing of armor/weapons, choosing to defend instead of attack, and choose my party (I think that becomes an option later in the game, though) troubling. This is the first RPG where I feel pretty confident that whoever goes into battle is capable of getting the job done, though. Normally, there's somebody that I'd refrain from using because they're a big pussy. Not sure how I feel about the level-up system, either. But like I said, it's super deep and it works very well. I can't wait to play more of it!

*edit* after re-reading the OP, I have to say controlling only one pre-deciced person is definitely a negative in my book.  I like to be in control of it all.  And the level up system is actually more linear than something like the "Grid" from FFX.  The Crystarium (at this point in the game) only allows me to build my characters in only one way.  After that, even if I have extra Crystal Points, I can't build up my characters anymore unless we finish a particular story point.  --just a couple of minor quibbles that I have.  Like I said, it's just a matter of personal taste.

Actually there is a retreat option.

Push start then retry and it puts you before you faced that battle.

Oh, and around Chapter 9, you'll have no way to max your crystarium for even ONE role and you'll have multiple of them. Fuck, I had 15000CP for one person, and I barely got far with the new expansion.

OT: It's absolutely brilliant. I love it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

FF13's combat system makes me want to punch the developers in the daddy bags

lestatdark said:
g-value said:
Boutros said:
g-value said:
Boutros said:

<_<

Wut?!?!?

Blasphemyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! *picks up a pitchfork* :P 

Although, DQVIII wasn't even amongst the best of the DQ games :P 

Dragon Quest 7 FTW :)