By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN reviews Metro 2033 - 6.9!!

This game is absolutely amazing on the PC. Think HL2 meets STALKER and has more new mechanics in the game than any FPS combined in the last 3 years.

I played it on the PC and none of the problems mentioned on the GameTrailers exist for me. It also seems liek a lot of reviewrs are idiots. I swear I saw the line "sometimes my knives boubnce off other times they kill them in one hit, very inconsitent" seeing how armor is per-pixel hit detected that makes a lot of sense and it's quite consistent. Same with the stealth system, since it illuminates you when you shoot and a lot of enemis have nightvision/lights they don't seem to realize that it's possible that enemies see them because they suck, not because the game is broken.

Graphics really seem to suck on the 360 compared to the PC and I am leaving the option tha the reviewers are not idiots but the developers had to cut some of the more intensive calculations, such as the per-pixel hit detection armor, because the 360 couldn't handle it. I doubt that and I would rather think that the reviewers are idiots.

@kiefer

Played it on hard and the enemies were definitely not bullet sponges if you hit them right. All but the Librarians would die if you could get a head shot on them with any weapon and the throwing knives would 1 shot any lower enemy. Furthermore, armor really effects damage in the game, but if you want to kill things very quickly with not as many bullets use the military grade ammo, it tears things up. Also I noticed that even a Librarian on Hardcore dies with 3 thrwon knives if they all hit his head. Otherwise it's 5 knives + a few shells from the shotgun. I never quite got how you weren't supposed to kill them, I only didn't kill the sleeping ones that you have to sneak past.

Around the Network

@ Disolitude

what 7's?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/godofwar3

PlaystaionGamer said:
disolitude said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kiefer23 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
the game never looked good anyway LOL so dunno why there was hype around it in the first place

why dont u guys just play Fallout 3 or something insted of this rubbish

Have you played it? No? Didn't think so... GTFO

You'll probably find most of us in here have already raped Fallout 3 for every scrap of content it contained.

nope i have not, and judging by the trailers i wouldnt and the reviews only make it very clear to not play it LOL

You have no idea what you're talking about. GTFO was a proper reply to your previous post...

yeh..me and reviews are so wrong...

but CLEARLY your write......LOL

Just leave this thread if all you are going to do is cause trouble.

ign is IGNorant. i hardly ever agree with their opinions.

I'm still going to Gamefly this. It looks pretty cool and atmospheric, so, I probably like it.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
disolitude said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kiefer23 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
the game never looked good anyway LOL so dunno why there was hype around it in the first place

You'll probably find most of us in here have already raped Fallout 3 for every scrap of content it contained.

nope i have not, and judging by the trailers i wouldnt and the reviews only make it very clear to not play it LOL

You have no idea what you're talking about. GTFO was a proper reply to your previous post...

The whole "LOL" thing. Is that you catch phrase... Pretty sad unless you're 12.

In any case. God of War got a bunch of 7's...this got a lowest of 6.9. So I guess you won't be playing GOW3 either?

God of War III got a bunch of 7's? Have you checked Meta?

I haven't looked at GOW3 meta to be honest...lol. Ok so no 7s my bad. Why was everyone attacking Edge magazine about God of War 3 review then?

disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
disolitude said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kiefer23 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

The whole "LOL" thing. Is that you catch phrase... Pretty sad unless you're 12.

In any case. God of War got a bunch of 7's...this got a lowest of 6.9. So I guess you won't be playing GOW3 either?

God of War III got a bunch of 7's? Have you checked Meta?

I haven't looked at GOW3 meta to be honest...lol. Ok so no 7s my bad. Why was everyone attacking Edge magazine about God of War 3 review then?

Every Ps3 exclusive EDGE reviews gets attacked. Most of them don't realise though that with EDGE reviews 5 as average (which would be better imo), not 7.5. Unfortunately every other reviewer classes average as 7.5 so when EDGE reviews a AAA game and gives it a 7-8  it usually knocks the title down on Metacritic/gamerankings. 

As for IGN, I don't give any of their reviews any notice. I once did with Need For Speed Shift. They gave it a 9 and I thought wow, the Need for Speed franchise may actually be doing well again like the Hot Pursuit/Underground days. Needless to say that 9 was absolute bullshit and NFS:S was a sorry excuse for a racing simulator, to think the director said his game would be better then Forza Motorsport 3 and most than likely GT5.

Wish it was on PS3 as i would like to give it a shot.

mirgro said:

This game is absolutely amazing on the PC. Think HL2 meets STALKER and has more new mechanics in the game than any FPS combined in the last 3 years.

I played it on the PC and none of the problems mentioned on the GameTrailers exist for me. It also seems liek a lot of reviewrs are idiots. I swear I saw the line "sometimes my knives boubnce off other times they kill them in one hit, very inconsitent" seeing how armor is per-pixel hit detected that makes a lot of sense and it's quite consistent. Same with the stealth system, since it illuminates you when you shoot and a lot of enemis have nightvision/lights they don't seem to realize that it's possible that enemies see them because they suck, not because the game is broken.

Graphics really seem to suck on the 360 compared to the PC and I am leaving the option tha the reviewers are not idiots but the developers had to cut some of the more intensive calculations, such as the per-pixel hit detection armor, because the 360 couldn't handle it. I doubt that and I would rather think that the reviewers are idiots.

@kiefer

Played it on hard and the enemies were definitely not bullet sponges if you hit them right. All but the Librarians would die if you could get a head shot on them with any weapon and the throwing knives would 1 shot any lower enemy. Furthermore, armor really effects damage in the game, but if you want to kill things very quickly with not as many bullets use the military grade ammo, it tears things up. Also I noticed that even a Librarian on Hardcore dies with 3 thrwon knives if they all hit his head. Otherwise it's 5 knives + a few shells from the shotgun. I never quite got how you weren't supposed to kill them, I only didn't kill the sleeping ones that you have to sneak past.

I've scored a few headshots for 1 hit kills but the fact is, you can't when there are 10 enemies hitting you in the pitch black from all directions and I refuse to turn up the brightness in-game or on my TV. Can't do that in Real Life

I've been keeping the throwing knifes for the Bandit's/Nazi's during the stealth sequences. Sometimes the knife has passed through them and it only seems to be a 1 hit kill if you hit them in the upperchest.

Ill pick it up used.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!