By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

Vote Count

TruckOSaurus - Final-Fan (L-4)

Not voting - c03n3nj0, dsister44, Falcon095, nordlead, SuperAdrianK, trangentspree, TruckOSaurus

With 8 alive, 5 votes are required to lynch.

Around the Network

Moderator Note

I would like to take a moment to remind everyone playing that your vote is one of your most powerful assets.  It is a means to lynch however it is also a tool for pressuring players.  A player with 0 votes against them feels no pressure and, if lurking, has no incentive to do anything other than continue lurking.  A player at L-1 feels a great deal of pressure and, regardless of alignment, will generally say and do more.  If you feel the game is slowing down, you need only to look at the vote count to understand why.

Deadline Set

The deadline is now April 14th at 10:00 PM (CST).

If a lynch is not made before the deadline, the day will end in a No Lynch.

lol, I don't think we'll come anywhere close to that deadline. If we do, that is really really sad.

I have no problem with trucks (as of right now), and j0 roleclaimed close enough to what I thought. Also, considering WoW is running the game, I can believe the role title. I probably know why SAK is awesome, so I'm not going to vote him either. Dsister may be a human, but seems to be some kind of dumb town role, so again I'm fine waiting for now. I'm me, so duh about that decision.

So, people I'm not going to vote for now - j0, dsister, SAK, trucks, myself - out of this group, trucks is the most likely to be a human, but I can't bring myself to vote for him at the moment. or dsister could be human, but it would be one of the dumbest human roles ever

that leaves - tangentspree, falcon, final-fan

falcon & final-fan both fall pretty much under the same category of typical scum moves not strong indicators but not something to ignore either.

tangentspree seems to be getting defensive in his posts and recently has been trying to turn everything back around at anyone who posts anything that even slightly suggests he is human (falcon and my own posts for example). He tried to control the town day 1 with the whole lie detector thing, which really doesn't sit well with me at all. He also tried to dismiss Mario's slip-up by claiming trucks logic was lazy - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3279196&page=8&postnum=5

Finally, I would have ignored it, and even tried, but the insistence to not listen to people who know how the game works makes it impossible. Tangentspree tried to use his mistake that the day would end as a defense, and then tried to turn around and use it as a reason for why falcon is human? This makes no sense to me at all? We are arguing game mechanics, and rather than learn from what everyone else agrees from we are now using it as ammo for why the people who are correct are human.

you say "I can defend myself just fine. " well go ahead.

vote: trangentspree

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

SuperAdrianK said:
Final-Fan said:
I have a bad feeling about trangentspree, but I just can't bring myself to vote him.
Falcon095 is a little bit the opposite, I sort of think I ought to suspect him but I don't.

But for some reason TruckOSaurus is a real enigma to me this game and I'm willing to lynch him. I don't like how little he's been posting, and I don't like how the stuff he's posted on the page doesn't add much substance (asking questions people have already said they can't answer). At worst we still haven't lost a more talkative townie like if we lynch trangentspree and he flips zombie.

Vote TruckOSaurus. Thoughts?

@final-fan: Why do you have a bad feeling with tragent, is there any post that made you suspicious of himself, the same goes to when you voted truck, was there any post he made that made you want to lynch him, or is it just what you said?

@Truck: lol, I got crazy because I didn't want to get lynched like last game .

That's just it:  I can't point to specific reasons for suspecting him.  If anything, when I look at the evidence it seems like I should suspect him less than I do.  I just have a feeling that I want to lynch him, that I can't substantiate.  That's why I "can't bring myself to vote him". 

As for TOS, I was running out of suspects, I have most people in the town at least vaguely mentally pegged (whether correctly or incorrectly, who can say) so I was willing to eliminate a question mark that didn't talk much. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:
@Final-Fan: dsister and SuperAdrianK's actions were confusing at best. I wanted to be settled on them. While my post itself didn't bring much substance it made dsister and SAK clarify things which really helps the town.

Also, me being human makes absolutely no sense. I was the first the formally suspect SM128 and the second one to vote for him after nordlead. It's one thing to assume scum eventually joins a bandwagon against their own because they know the lynch is inevitable but at the point where I made my vote there was nothing that indicated that SM128 was going to be lynched.

I think it's a bit misleading to imply that you were a leader in the SM128 thing, but on the other hand you did turn down an opportunity to join my nordlead vote instead. 

But the biggest reason I'm unvoting you is that nordlead has put together a decent case against trangentspree.  I've been itching to vote him for a while now but I could never come up with a convincing reason.  Well, I've been provided with one, so
Unvote TruckOSaurus
Vote trangentspree
But if he flips zombie then I'm going after nordlead tomorrow because I will at that point suspect him of putting together a frame-up of trangent for the very reason that I would jump on it. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Well, nordlead brings some good points. I agree with him [edit- trangent] seemingly taking everything and trying to turn it around against people, he did the exact same thing to me, when he was Serial killer.

I'll FoS Trangent until he comes back and says something. Wouldn't want the day to end so soon.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
@Final-Fan: dsister and SuperAdrianK's actions were confusing at best. I wanted to be settled on them. While my post itself didn't bring much substance it made dsister and SAK clarify things which really helps the town.

Also, me being human makes absolutely no sense. I was the first the formally suspect SM128 and the second one to vote for him after nordlead. It's one thing to assume scum eventually joins a bandwagon against their own because they know the lynch is inevitable but at the point where I made my vote there was nothing that indicated that SM128 was going to be lynched.

I think it's a bit misleading to imply that you were a leader in the SM128 thing, but on the other hand you did turn down an opportunity to join my nordlead vote instead. 

But the biggest reason I'm unvoting you is that nordlead has put together a decent case against trangentspree.  I've been itching to vote him for a while now but I could never come up with a convincing reason.  Well, I've been provided with one, so
Unvote TruckOSaurus
Vote trangentspree
But if he flips zombie then I'm going after nordlead tomorrow because I will at that point suspect him of putting together a frame-up of trangent for the very reason that I would jump on it. 

I'm not claiming leadership of anything, I'm just saying my actions don't fit with me being human.

- I can't be a human who did not want his pal to die because I did vote for SM128.

- I can't be a human who decided to join the bandwagon because of how early my vote came in.

Signature goes here!

Well I'm glad you finally made your move Nordlead.

So far you've been a bit of a conundrum to me. A lot of the things you did on Day 1 caught my eye: such as the abruptness to your vote, that oddly accusational statement you made against me, and your major hang-up about saying 'you're a zombie' or really lack of any tolerance that day for discussion that didn't bring the day towards an earlier close (1 & at the end of 2.)

Today you've been trickier to read because of your absences (although I can understand that you've been busy with your family, and that's A-OK) but a lot of your posts today with content have been pretty safe and reserved ('suspect people that didn't vote Mario', 'suspect people that changed their vote', 'here's a list of people that I don't really suspect') and that's why I wanted to hear you list your suspicions in some kind of order.

Also I liked it before when you said "also, as usual, I'm very suspicious of anyone who votes for me. It's just my nature, so yea" because, unlike you, I have a very, very good reason to suspect anyone that tries to go after me. And there was one thing you said to me today that sent alarm-bells and sirens going all kinds of crazy in my head. I wonder if you can guess what it is?

Recently you're constantly dredging up the same things to use against me ('I would like to ignore it and it probably means nothing but...') that I've already defended myself against. The newest one I see now is the TruckOSaurus' HoS of which I dealt with pages ago. Thing is, I pulled this exact same stunt on WoW last game. It didn't matter how many times he tried to defend himself against that Modkill post or the parts of his roleclaim - I went after him with enough intensity using the same arguments over and over that he couldn't say anything more to defend himself and in the end he became a lynchable target.

I would have preferred to have made it to Day 3 without having to roleclaim because what I've been doing could benefit the town enormously at least once more. But you've made me almost 100% certain that you are human now, so if I can't get you lynched today without roleclaiming I'll settle for getting you lynched with a roleclaim (and as a prelude: I already stealth roleclaimed twice during this game.)

Final-Fan said:
SuperAdrianK said:
Final-Fan said:
I have a bad feeling about trangentspree, but I just can't bring myself to vote him.
Falcon095 is a little bit the opposite, I sort of think I ought to suspect him but I don't.

But for some reason TruckOSaurus is a real enigma to me this game and I'm willing to lynch him. I don't like how little he's been posting, and I don't like how the stuff he's posted on the page doesn't add much substance (asking questions people have already said they can't answer). At worst we still haven't lost a more talkative townie like if we lynch trangentspree and he flips zombie.

Vote TruckOSaurus. Thoughts?

@final-fan: Why do you have a bad feeling with tragent, is there any post that made you suspicious of himself, the same goes to when you voted truck, was there any post he made that made you want to lynch him, or is it just what you said?

@Truck: lol, I got crazy because I didn't want to get lynched like last game .

That's just it:  I can't point to specific reasons for suspecting him.  If anything, when I look at the evidence it seems like I should suspect him less than I do.  I just have a feeling that I want to lynch him, that I can't substantiate.  That's why I "can't bring myself to vote him". 

As for TOS, I was running out of suspects, I have most people in the town at least vaguely mentally pegged (whether correctly or incorrectly, who can say) so I was willing to eliminate a question mark that didn't talk much. 

I guess you just don't like me much.

trangentspree said:

Well I'm glad you finally made your move Nordlead.

So far you've been a bit of a conundrum to me. A lot of the things you did on Day 1 caught my eye: such as the abruptness to your vote, that oddly accusational statement you made against me, and your major hang-up about saying 'you're a zombie' or really lack of any tolerance that day for discussion that didn't bring the day towards an earlier close (1 & at the end of 2.)

Today you've been trickier to read because of your absences (although I can understand that you've been busy with your family, and that's A-OK) but a lot of your posts today with content have been pretty safe and reserved ('suspect people that didn't vote Mario', 'suspect people that changed their vote', 'here's a list of people that I don't really suspect') and that's why I wanted to hear you list your suspicions in some kind of order.

Also I liked it before when you said "also, as usual, I'm very suspicious of anyone who votes for me. It's just my nature, so yea" because, unlike you, I have a very, very good reason to suspect anyone that tries to go after me. And there was one thing you said to me today that sent alarm-bells and sirens going all kinds of crazy in my head. I wonder if you can guess what it is?

Recently you're constantly dredging up the same things to use against me ('I would like to ignore it and it probably means nothing but...') that I've already defended myself against. The newest one I see now is the TruckOSaurus' HoS of which I dealt with pages ago. Thing is, I pulled this exact same stunt on WoW last game. It didn't matter how many times he tried to defend himself against that Modkill post or the parts of his roleclaim - I went after him with enough intensity using the same arguments over and over that he couldn't say anything more to defend himself and in the end he became a lynchable target.

I would have preferred to have made it to Day 3 without having to roleclaim because what I've been doing could benefit the town enormously at least once more. But you've made me almost 100% certain that you are human now, so if I can't get you lynched today without roleclaiming I'll settle for getting you lynched with a roleclaim (and as a prelude: I already stealth roleclaimed twice during this game.)

1) "trapping" someone would mean you have a human, which you don't. For me to be "trapped" you would have to have some kind of lie or deception that you have caught me in. I'd love to see any at all, but the only thing I see is you reading into posts WAY to deeply. Next thing you know you'll tell me I spelled a word wrong and therefore I'm scum.

Also, if your trap is using faulty logic ("I could have saved Mario") and then convincing the town that you were never wrong in the first place so you can lynch others it is a pretty crappy trap. You could have just said "I understood the rules wrong" and it would have ended, but as I pointed out you used it to accuse Falcon of being a human. You pretend you want to drop it, but you are the one who won't. You acuse others of being obtuse, yet you yourself are not listening to others trying to explain the rules. Again, this isn't a trap, this is just crappy logic.

2) if you want to go the roleclaim route with "stealth roleclaims" that is a bunch of garbage. Nothing you have posted obviously points to any role. A typical scum move is to hide roleclaims within posts that no one can see until you "reveal" the roleclaim. Heck, go back and read the bold letters, I just stealth claimed I'm pro-town. SAK at least claims he is awesome, which I know that refers to a role, as I have an adjective in my role too (<adj> zombie).

If you want to go the roleclaim route, you better roleclaim doctor cause there isn't much of a more important role than my own which I can counterclaim, so let's go that route.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)