By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

FF XIII Versus

It is more likely to stay exclusive 104 57.46%

It is less likely to stay exclusive 45 24.86%

There is no impact 19 10.50%

I could care less 13 7.18%

Total:181

I think it will stay exclusive. and don't get me wrong 360 sales were pretty good for XIII but square enix should know at this point that anyone who wants the game will buy a ps3 for it. the game will still sell over 2 million with or without it being multi-platform. XIII on the 360 was done because of the 360's american install base yet ps3 sales were higher, which proves that an exclusive title will do just fine...but if the 360 gets versus then good for them they get to enjoy what looks to be an awesome game

Around the Network

It will probably release day and date with the Ps3 version in NA and Europe just like this one.

Who know if it will. There are good reasons to believ it will and good reasons to believ it wont. What is really certain here is that the 360 version will be comprised of 12 DVDs and with 480i resolution. XD 1080p native for PS3. XD

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

donsterydo2 said:
They could just release the X360 port later. They will be idiots if they ignore THAT level of sales, it's just to big of an impact. Sales on X360 are amazing, they're not anything like Tekken or PES sales. I thought it would be around 1/3 of PS3 sales.

FF Versus XIII (360) would sell 10k units first week in Japan,thats why its unlikely.

And 360 sales are 1/5 of PS3's sales btw.

If XIII remained exclusive to the PS3,the numbers would be higher now for the PS3 version,so it doesn't really matter for them if its exclusive or not,it would sell around the same amount,but 4 times more on the PS3,so porting it to the 360 would be a waste of time,unless M$ pays them off

I think there's a good chance Sony already paid to have the game exclusive... world wide. Though, if not, I'd expect it to be on the 360 anywhere but in Japan eventually.

Around the Network

I am a PS3 owner, and I hope it goes to 360. Bigger market = more buyers = more final fantasy games.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I hope they don't bother then I will not have to listen to petty fans bitching for months about how the 360 somehow ruined their game and all the rest of the bullshit articles (on sites in general, not here) about how hideous it looks on the 360. Will be nice if the game is released solely on the PS3 and the "fans" can realise the linear nature and lack of content is SE pinching pennies and nothing to do with storage limitations.

In case you haven't gathered, I'm sick about hearing people crying over a title going multiplatform like their lives somehow depended on it.

I voted there is no impact by the way as the decision isn't just about sales but expanding your audience. On the 360 there is potentially a new group of users they could sell to that might become loyal fans if given access to more FF titles. By sticking exclusive to PS3 this might turn fans away that they could have kept buying a few games of theirs. Finally 600k so far is at least breaking even on the hasty port they did, especially given the huge advertising campaign Microsoft ran for them.

Depends on what Atari's willing to pay...

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Dianko said:
Xmanny2009X said:
Dianko said:
Just out of curiosity, where do people get this notion that Nomura has this power to stop it due to personal feelings?

If my boss told me to do something I don't want to do (but is within the scope of my job to do), I would do it. Because I like having a paycheck, paying bills, not living on the streets, and eating. I can't imagine a professional game developer would be such a console fanboy as to say no, and get fired.

Yea I dont think Wada is stupid enough to fire Nomura.  I mean come on its obvious.  Without Nomura, SE will never be the same.

Tell that to Activision. The guys they fired made WAAAAAAAY more money for them than Nomura is likely to make for SE in his career. And yet, they no longer work for Activision.

Develpers, unfortunately, are replaceble. It's the brand thats worth something. I doubt he'd get fired too, but when an employee disobeys the CEO, there is usually consequences.

I'm not arguing about whether this will happen or not (this whole thing is hypothetical), but that I just can't see how one employee has the whole company by the balls based on his fanboy orientation (if he has any). If SE and Wada want vsXIII on the 360, it will happen, whether Nomura likes it or not.

Ok yea that is true.  But think about this.  Do you think Activision will be just as successful after firing those guys?  They may be replaceable, but the money they made for Activision certainly isn't.  Only time will tell if Activision will be as successful without those guys.

Currently playing

MLB 09: The Show(PS3)

if it becomes multi it will take years to come to the shops