By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Using PS3 Footage to Promote FF XIII on Xbox

It's fine, isn't it? It's still the same game anyway.

Around the Network

LOL... as if the average consumer is going to see that trailer, buy the 360 version, then have some sort of fit because it didn't look 100% like the version in the trailer... assuming they would even notice something that subtle.

Can't people give the I-can't-believe-those-$#@!%$%-people-at-SE-betrayed-us-sony-fans rant a rest?

twesterm said:
Wait, so they're talking about the E3 trailer?

I don't think I've read a dumber article in a while.

Agreed.  How do they know this is PS3 version stuff, anyways?  This is a trailer that was used to show off the 360 version in early development or what not so of course its going to still have the japanese voiceovers and subtitles for us non-Japanese speaking individuals.  I call article failboat.

WOW, WHAT A SERIOUS ACUSATION!!

sarcasm

something

nothing

ANSWER: A big something over nothing.

Around the Network
scottie said:
@ BW_JP - this is meant to be an article about microsoft using footage from the PS3 version to advertise the 360 version. So, any comments about how SE betrayed Sony are obviously off topic.

"However, in the UK, the ongoing battle for format supremacy has surely taken Final Fantasy XIII as a casualty." Oh, that's 1

"While the game remains available solely on PlayStation 3 in Japan, the UK release of Final Fantasy XIII has been much more widely publicised for the Xbox 360." - 2

"television adverts and sponsored magazine coverage has often managed to conveniently forget that the game is also available on Sony’s PlayStation 3" - that'd be 3

" the system for which the game had originally been announced as an exclusive title worldwide." - I feel tempted to count this as 4 and 5, because it's twice as whiny as any of the previous comments

"However, it appears that the additional publicity for the Xbox 360’s release of Final Fantasy XIII hasn’t gone without a hitch." Haha, the glee in the authors eyes as he wrote this counts as number 5

"With all this added exposure for the Xbox 360version, you’d be forgiven for thinking that Microsoft’s format would be leading the race. However, this was revealed as not being the case in the first week of retail availability" Again, so much glee. 6

3 paragraphs were talking about how SE betrayed Sony, 1 was about MS using PS3 footage.

The article is stating facts, simple as that. I don't see whining but I do see certain people wanting it to be whining. If the tables were turned, I'm sure no one would percieve this article as whining at all (which it isn't).

"The stockmarket took a heavy hit today." Oh noes, the news anchor is whining about the economy. People have to be allowed to write/read news without being labelled as crybabies imo.

Mummelmann said:

The article is stating facts, simple as that. I don't see whining but I do see certain people wanting it to be whining. If the tables were turned, I'm sure no one would percieve this article as whining at all (which it isn't).

"The stockmarket took a heavy hit today." Oh noes, the news anchor is whining about the economy. People have to be allowed to write/read news without being labelled as crybabies imo.

A better analogy might be "Microsoft found to be predatory toward HP and TI by including a calculator app in Windows."  Using footage of a game for marketing purposes and including something trivial like a calculator app in an OS both have little impact on society in general... the stockmarket taking a nose dive can have a tremendous impact on society and is very relevant to millions of people.

Reminds me of two young boys rolling in the dirt, bleeding and bruised, as they fight over which has the best bicycle.

scottie said:
Wow, after battling through the text of that article I expecting the source to be

www.IloveplaystationBillgatesistheantichrist.com

No no...sorry that's not the case. I reserved that domain and the site will be up next week.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

crumas2 said:
Mummelmann said:

A better analogy might be "Microsoft found to be predatory toward HP and TI by including a calculator app in Windows."  Using footage of a game for marketing purposes and including something trivial like a calculator app in an OS both have little impact on society in general... the stockmarket taking a nose dive can have a tremendous impact on society and is very relevant to millions of people.

Reminds me of two young boys rolling in the dirt, bleeding and bruised, as they fight over which has the best bicycle.

The example was just that; an example and not a direct analogy. I was simply arguing the angle from which the news were presented rather than the news themselves. I don't give two shits if they use the PS3 box and paint a 360 logo over it with brushes and markers for their add campaign, I still get to buy it and play it and (hopefully) enjoy it, but to say that the article is simple whining is silly imo.

Mummelmann said:
scottie said:
@ BW_JP - this is meant to be an article about microsoft using footage from the PS3 version to advertise the 360 version. So, any comments about how SE betrayed Sony are obviously off topic.

"However, in the UK, the ongoing battle for format supremacy has surely taken Final Fantasy XIII as a casualty." Oh, that's 1

"While the game remains available solely on PlayStation 3 in Japan, the UK release of Final Fantasy XIII has been much more widely publicised for the Xbox 360." - 2

"television adverts and sponsored magazine coverage has often managed to conveniently forget that the game is also available on Sony’s PlayStation 3" - that'd be 3

" the system for which the game had originally been announced as an exclusive title worldwide." - I feel tempted to count this as 4 and 5, because it's twice as whiny as any of the previous comments

"However, it appears that the additional publicity for the Xbox 360’s release of Final Fantasy XIII hasn’t gone without a hitch." Haha, the glee in the authors eyes as he wrote this counts as number 5

"With all this added exposure for the Xbox 360version, you’d be forgiven for thinking that Microsoft’s format would be leading the race. However, this was revealed as not being the case in the first week of retail availability" Again, so much glee. 6

3 paragraphs were talking about how SE betrayed Sony, 1 was about MS using PS3 footage.

Are you accusing me of pro-Microsoft bias? Because frankly that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. There was no reason to mention any of the 6 statements I noted in this article, the entire 1st, 2nd and 4th paragraphs in the article were completely off topic