By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Using PS3 Footage to Promote FF XIII on Xbox

From the sounds of it, they're basing it being the PS3 version entirely on JP voices?

Around the Network

Haha, Microsoft's been destined to loose the FFXIII battle from the start.  All the advertisement they've paid for is just money down the toilet.  People will buy the game for whichever format they prefer the most.  And it won't sell any systems as it is multiplatform.  Another fail for Microsoft marketing.

The dude abides   

Didn't Sony use pictures of Project Gotham or Forza in one of their ads promotion the PS3?

Microsoft even getting FFXIII kinda puts them outside the "losing" camp imo. People forget how far they've come really, 3-4 years ago FFXIII 360 was unthinkable...

SpartanFX said:
Severance said:
SpartanFX said:
i don't think this is worse than sony mistakenly using Forza 2 clip instead of GT5P

Lmao! Link please!!

or do you mean Forza 3 PS3 Gamestop thing?

sorru sony uses PGR3 mistakenly to promotoe GT:HD

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156721

here we go ,,,i was close enough

That is amazing, thanks

Around the Network

It was the earliest source of footage to make advertisements for.

Tease.

Gotta love a good fanboy article. I get the feeling there are a lot of hurt feelings right now with the success the 360 version is having. We can expect more of these articles in the coming weeks.

Okay? so did it help boost 360 sales?
No, didn't it?
No one really delves into trailers with this much detail, not the public, only fanboys.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Are we still dredging the barrel trolling the 360 because FFXIII went multiplatform?

I really don't want Versus to go multiplatform as its not worth the bitching and crying from the fans obsessed over their beloved PS3's. I really do pity the number of childish petty people who have done nothing for the last 3 months but find any and every reason to try and spoil the 360 release of FFXIII. The sad thing is they'll be getting all this grief back 10 fold for the next few years now every single time we see a inferior PS3 port. God help us the next PS3 title that bombs either critically or commercially.

slowmo said:
Are we still dredging the barrel trolling the 360 because FFXIII went multiplatform?

I really don't want Versus to go multiplatform as its not worth the bitching and crying from the fans obsessed over their beloved PS3's. I really do pity the number of childish petty people who have done nothing for the last 3 months but find any and every reason to try and spoil the 360 release of FFXIII. The sad thing is they'll be getting all this grief back 10 fold for the next few years now every single time we see a inferior PS3 port. God help us the next PS3 title that bombs either critically or commercially.

There's a decent amount of irony in suggesting that recent events surrounding FFXIII could somehow be the cause of people on the internet making a big deal over inferior ports, when we've been hearing about bad ports (and hearing them featured in arguments over which system is superior, or whatever) frequently for the past several years.

The drama over inferior ports is probaby one of the main things that's made so many PS3 fans insecure enough in the first place that they go off ranting about FFXIII now that the tables have turned this once (and at a fairly poetic time, from a PS3 fan's perspective.)

I suppose I'm basically just saying what you did, though -- it's an endless cycle, after all.