By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So does anyone still think the PS3 will sell under 8M?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people still think it won't hit 8 million by the end of the year. It might get close by it won't beat it by a comfortable margin. If sony's marketing works real good, they should be happy with 900k npd in december. Where would they get another 1 million units sold in japan/pal over 4 weeks?

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
yeah John your right it wont sell another 1M world wide what was i thinking.

umm 2million is what is needed to break the 8m border.

I underestimated all three consoles... but I won't change it :P

How does anyone figure the 360 is only gonna sell 14 million by the end of the year? It only need 600k more to go for that ww.

I will guess 7.3M

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

Ah, John Lucas, it's not like the PS3 is threatening the Wii, can't ya give it some love?

i am going to look like such a prat if it doesnt reach 8M, ha ha ha.

well i am predicting as follow (ahem) :

NA: 1.1M
Europe:0.9M
Japan:0.5M

i set up this thread so that although it is too late to change your sale predictions for this year, you can say that you now expect it to be higher (like with my 360 prediction :P)

johnlucas said:
tombi123 said:

Does anyone still think the PS3 will sell under 8M by the end of the year?

its pretty much garenteed. 6 weeks, 2M sales. 333,333 a week world wide.

Frankly, I am starting to think my 8.5M is a bit too low now.

Thoughts...

Count on it.

I long said months and months ago that the PS3 would struggle to get above 7 million in the best case scenario.

They definitely won't hit 8 million by the end of the year.

John Lucas 

I want to now why you hate the ps3. On topic: Im more than certain the ps3 will make it to 8 M by the end of the year.

mM

it's not going to do 333,333 a week. It may get just above 200K this weeks numbers.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

@eugene

yeah i know that is wrong, i predicted that in August, but whats the point in changing predictions all the time

@superchunk

johnlucas said that the best case scenario for PS3 is 7M.