By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix would like to remake FFVII!

Confirmed!!!

It's probably already in development as we speak.

It's all they constantly get asked about, and it's all they ever seem to want themselves.

It IS being made.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Fab_GS said:
"even if we do create the next numbered installment [XV] it’s so far away that we haven’t really thought of it."

*cries*

That is a lie btw. Kitase stated back in 2009 that they were talking about it already. and he just recently mentioned that they have some ideas for XV.

Direct Quote:

“We’ve got a few ideas for Final Fantasy XV lined up,” Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase told Xbox 360 World Magazine, “but there is no singular aim for where we want the series to go. Final Fantasy can go in all directions, each one is very different from the last. The one thing we set out to do is to make sure we tell a story that hasn’t been told before.”

You are right and I doubt they'll let a whole development team do nothing for a while, the programmers and graphics people for FFXIII are now free to work on whatever the designers and scripters have been putting together for the last year. A company like SquEnix wouldn't leave a development team doing nothing. (Unless they are helping with Versus XIII)

Although I'd like them to get their arse into gear a bit, we had 8, 9 and 10 one after the other, now we are lucky to get every 3 years.

Hmm, pie.

They should release them every year IMO. Take a 3 year dev time for the games. Have 3 dev teams working on different games. Would be possible to release every year.

only reason they keep talking bout it is cause the bloody interviewers keep asking its pointless there obviously not developing it anytime soon but people keep asking them about it every week

I eagerly anticipate the day when the gaming industry will completely run out of ideas and begin to milk its own bad ideas again with remakes, just like Hollywood.

Shit, it's not as if this industry is badly devoid enough of new ideas as it is.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Yes apparently that's going to happen sooner!!!! well if 2012 is failed!!

sweet! I hope they do make a re-make. I bet it'll be awesome.

"I intend to go on living...and fighting...for you who freed me from the darkness. For the one I love..."

ohh yeah you said it...

lolololool