By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My thoughts on God of War 3

There have been 3 games so far this generation that have truly blown me away and crossed the fine line between videogames and movies. MGS4, Uncharted 2, and now God of War 3 are the most cinematic experiences in gaming. These are games that deliver an equal, if not better, experience that high-budget blockbuster films do. I think God of War 3 is a mindblowing achievement by Sony Santa Monica studios; these guys have truly outdone themselves and have met every expectation I had, which is a daunting task seeing how much hype surrounded this game. Although God of War 3 is not a perfect game (the ending may disappoint some gamers, some annoying puzzles, etc), I would still give it a 10/10, mainly because the game takes giant strides in becoming a cinematic adventure like no other and also concludes one of the best gaming franchises of all time.

For those of you who have finished the game, please read the spoiler below to answer a couple of questions I have listed. Also, I would love to hear your opinions on this masterpiece.

*SPOILER*

I wasn't sure about a couple of things regarding the ending:

1) When Kratos killed himself to release the "hope" to the rest of the world, did he restore and fix all the damage he had caused?

2) Why did Santa Monica show that blood trail? I thought GOW3 was the conclusion to the trilogy. Are they simply toying with us, or does this mean a sequel? Was this sequence a sort of 'safety net' for them, so that if they wish to return to the franchise in the future, they can pick up from this sequence?

*SPOILER END*

Around the Network

I'm still crazy about the game and it was definitely worth the wait....

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

its amazing your jaw will drop many many times over

Playing the game until i'm milking the game dry. Oh and playing the game again
with INFINITE rage of sparta makes the game 10x better xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I think that by releasing hope, that was his way of making up for his brutal past and him trying to atone for what he did. 

I think the cliffhanger was there more for people to wonder. Kind of like an open-ended ending. I guess it leaves the possiblity of another game featuring Kratos, (not sure how much i would like that) but i dont' feel that's how it was supposed to be interpreted. 

Around the Network

after playing and almost finished can't wait to go through it again...

I want to get the GOW collection before replaying GOW III

mM
leo-j said:
I want to get the GOW collection before replaying GOW III

Souinds like a good idea...

I agree one of the very best this gen, a PS3 masterpiece !!